Grover became famous when he appeared in the famous business reality television series Shark Tank India and played the role of a Shark.
Ashneer Grover also served as a vice president for Kotak Finance Banking.
Ashneer Grover is a famous Indian entrepreneur, angel investor, social media influencer, media face, TV personality, and businessman from New Delhi, India.
He is the most popular person in the industry as the co-founder and MD of BharatPe Company. Also, he is an angel investor.
Check all the details below about Ashneer Grover’s Wikipedia, Age, Height, Company, Education, Family, Wife, Girlfriend, Children, Net Worth, Biography & More.
Ashneer Grover Wikipedia/Biography
Ashneer Grover was born on 14th June 1982 (Age: 41 years old; As of 2023) in New Delhi, India.
He is an entrepreneur, angel investor, and businessman.
He follows Hinduism (religion) and his nationality is Indian.
His zodiac sign is Gemini. His ethnicity is Mixed. His caste is Punjabi Khatri.
His date of birth is 14-06-1982.
Ashneer Grover Education, Qualification & School
He completed his schooling in a local school in New Delhi, India.
After that, he completed his B. Tech. in Civil Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi.
He also completed a one-year course of B.Tech from INSA Lyon in France.
After that, he completed his MBA in finance from the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad.
Ashneer Grover Height & Weight
- Height: 5′ 7″ inches (approx)
- Weight: 75 kg
- Hair Colour: Salt & Pepper
- Shoe size: 8 UK
- Eye Colour: Black
Ashneer Grover Family & Parents
He was born into a high-class family in New Delhi, India. In 1947, His grandfather came to India from Pakistan during partition time.
His father’s name is Ashok Grover as a professional Chartered Accountant. His mother is a teacher.
He has a sibling. His sister’s name is Aashima. His joint family includes his grandparents, parents, and cousins.
He shared many photos on social media with his family. His family always supported his business work.
Ashneer Grover’s Wife, Girlfriend & Children
Ashneer Grover’s wife’s name is Madhuri Jain Grover. He got married on 4th July 2006.
His wife is also an entrepreneur. His wife served in the position of Group Head-Controls at BharatPe.
They traveled to various countries. He has 2 children named Avy Grover (son) and Mannat Grover (daughter).
Nowadays, his family is living in New Delhi, India.
Ashneer Grover Career, Company & Profession
Ashneer Grover was selected by Kotak Investment Banking as Vice President (May 2006).
After serving 7 years and 1 month he joined American Express as a Director-Corporate development (May 2013).
After 1 year and 11 months, he left the American Express.
After that, he joined as a Chief Financial Officer at Grofers (March 2015 to August 2017).
As a next step, he joined New Business of PC Jeweller Ltd as a Head (November 2017 to October 2018).
In October 2018, he launched a payment application called BharatPe with Shashwat Nakrani.
He served as the CEO and Co-Founder of BharatPe (2 years and 11 months).
At last, he was selected for the MD post of BharatPe (August 2021). As of 2021, the total revenue of BharatPe is around Rs. 700 crore.
He has also invested in various others. He is also the founder of several projects like Postpe, 12% Club, and PAYBACK India.
Later, he quit Bharat Pe company as a Managing director.
After this, he also started his Third Unicorn – CrickPe’s App (Cricket fantasy application).
This unicorn has been funded by celebrities including Badshah as well as Haldiram’s family office, and Venture Catalysts.
Ashneer Grover Net Worth
Ashneer Grover,s net worth in rupees is estimated at approx Rs. 700-800 Crores. He is a car lover.
He has a collection of branded sports cars.
He owns a Mercedes- Maybach S650. The number plate reads “ASHNEER G”.
He also owns a Mercedes Benz GLS 350, Audi A6, and Porsche Cayman.
He traveled to several countries. His other assets are such as House, Jewelry, Cars etc. He is a high-level investor (Angel investor).
He invested his money in multiple businesses and multinational companies. He gained maximum income from BharatPe.
Ashneer Grover Social Media Handles
Ashneer Grover Amazing Facts
- He was working on his banking venture called Unity Small Finance Bank.
- His Instagram account has over 524k followers (As of February 2022).
- Grover shared his first Instagram post on 14 January 2015.
- He has also appeared on The Kapil Sharma Show.
- In 2021, a fight started between BharatPe and PhonePe.
- He appeared as a Shark in Shark Tank India the other Sharks on the show are Aman Gupta, Anupam Mittal, Ghazal Alagh, Namita Thapar, Peyush Bansal, and Vineeta Singh.
- In 2021, he won the Entrepreneur of the Year award, and his company BharatPe won the Emerging Company of the Year Award.
- In 2021, he was on the list of 40 India’s brightest young business minds by Fortune India.
- In 2019, he got a chance to represent BharatPe and India cashless at the Asia Pacific Initiative Forum.
- In January 2022, Kotak Mahindra Bank alleged that the abusers were Ashneer Grover and his wife Madhuri Grover. In a tweet, Grover claimed that the audio was fake.
- In 2020, his company BharatPe got into a controversy after they distributed pamphlets stating that their competitors like Paytm not Indian-based companies.
- On 10 May 2023, the Delhi Police’s Economic Offences (EOW) filed an FIR against Ashneer Grover, his wife, Madhuri Jain Grover, and family members for an alleged Rs. 81 crore fraud in December 2022 complained by BharatPe.
- The brand ambassador of BharatPe is Salman Khan.
- He quit BharatPe as managing director.
- In September 2023, Ashneer Grover found himself facing a defamation case for his comments regarding Indore’s designation as India’s cleanest city in a central government survey. During an event, he had suggested that this recognition was “bought”. The case was filed under Sections 499 and 500 of the Indian Penal Code.
- His nickname is Ash.
- He invested Rs. 2.95 Crores in 11 deals in Shark Tank India Season 1. Also, Ashneer is the second highest deployer after Namrita Thapar in Shark Tank India.