Dr Arvinder Singh Soin is the India’s famous Liver Transplant Surgeon, Chief Hepatobiliary & Chairperson of Institute of Liver Transplantation in Medanta – The Medicity. Dr Arvinder Singh Soin was awarded Padma Shri India’s fourth highest civilian award by the Indian President Pratibha Patil in 2010 for the development in Liver Transplantation in India. Check all the details about Dr Arvinder Singh Soin Wiki, Age, Education, Wife, Family, Net Worth, Biography, Facts & More.
Dr Arvinder Singh Soin was born on 5th January 1963 (Age 58 years; As in 2021) in Birmingham, United Kingdom. His zodiac sign is Capricorn. His religion is Sikhism. His nationality is Indian.
Dr Arvinder Singh Soin is getting specialization and expertise in Liver Transplant, Liver Surgeries, Choledochal Cyst, and Portal Hypertension.
Dr Arvinder Singh Soin completed his schooling high school to secondary education from Public school of New Delhi. After he completed his MBBS and MS Thesis degree from All India Institue of Medical Science, New Delhi.
He was going to Uk for further studies like FRCS from Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in 1992.
Thereafter, he completed FRCS from Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow in 1993.
Later, Dr Arvinder Singh Soin did FRCS in General Surgery from Intercollegiate Board in General Surgery of Transplant surgery in 1997.
Height: 5′ 10″ inch
Weight: 72 Kg
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Skin Colour: Fair
Family & Wife
Dr Arvinder Singh Soin don’t disclose any information about his parents, wife, and family as per the media sources.
Dr Arvinder Singh Soin career started from when he take training in AIIMS, he published a research thesis on Portal Hypertensive Gastropathy. He trained and worked at world most renowned centers like 5 years at University of Cambridge and 1 year at University of Birmingham for liver surgeries and pancreas transplantation.
He performs hundreds of transplants when he was Surgical tutor for Cambridge University and faculty of Royal Colleges in surgery.
He was also research in liver transplantation for more than 110 research papers and book contributions have been published globally.
Thereafter, he was visiting fellow at Kyoto University Hospital in 1997 and Asian Medical Centre, Seoul in 2000.
Also, visiting as a faculty at Ege University, Izmir, Turkey and Istanbul between 2004-2007, these all are the famous centres for living donor liver transplantation.
In 1988, Dr Arvinder Singh Soin was decided to moved back to India and establish a centre in liver transplantation in India. In 2001, he joined Sir Gangaram Hospital and establish a big liver transplant centre.
After 10 years working in Gangaram Hospital he moved with his entire team to Medanta – The Medicity, Gurgaon, big multi speciality hospital of India.
Then he established 150 beds for dedicated Liver Transplant in Medanta including 36 liver ICU beds. At present, Dr Arvinder Singh Soin carrrying out 250 liver transplants and hundred of complex liver surgeries every year.
Milestones Achieved by Dr Arvinder Singh Soin
Dr Arvinder Singh Soin achieved many milestones of liver transplantation in India are:
- In 1998, First successful cadaveric liver transplant in India.
- In 1999, First successful left lobe liver transplant in India.
- In 2000, First successful right lobe liver transplant in India.
- In 1999, First successful long distance cadaveric Liver Transplant in which the liver was flown in from Chennai and transplanted in Delhi.
- In 1998, First successful transplant at Apollo Hospital.
- In 2001, First successful transplant at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital.
- In 1999, First successful combined liver and kidney transplant in India.
- In 2003, First successful reduced cadaveric liver transplant in a child.
- In 2004, First successful transplant in India on a Pakistani patient.
- In 2005, First bloodless liver transplant in India and First successful emergency liver transplant on a patient transported to Delhi by air ambulance in deep coma.
- In 2008, India’s youngest ever recipient (11 months) to receive successful liver transplant.
- In 2006, India’s oldest recipient (70 years) of liver transplant.
- In 2007, World’s first combined liver and kidney transplant in the same patient (with primary hyperoxaluria) using organs from two different live donors and India’s first successful dual lobe liver transplant (double liver transplant in the same patient).
- In 2008, India’s first successful re-transplant (on a patient a year and a half after the first).
- In 2009, India’s first and world’s youngest Domino liver transplant, India’s smallest liver transplant recipient – (6 kg) and India’s first (and the world’s first reported) successful swap liver transplant.
- In 2012, World’s first chain of three simultaneous liver transplants (combined domino and swap) and India’s first successful ABO-incompatible liver transplants.
- Dr Arvinder Singh Soin is India’s first surgeon to complete 1000 liver transplants and 100 liver transplants in children 2012 and first to complete 1500 liver transplants in 2013, and 2000 in 2015.
- In 2013, India’s first successful Intestinal Transplant and India’s youngest and smallest ever recipient (4 months, 4 kg) to receive successful liver transplant.
Memberships & Certifications
Dr Arvinder Singh Soin is the member of many organisations and society:
- Life member of association of Surgeons of India
- Member of British Transplantation Society
- Member of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Member of Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- Member of Indian Society of Organ Transplantation
- Member of Indian Society of Gastroenterology
- Member of Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology
- Member of Indian Society of Nephrology
- Member of Asian Society of Organ Transplantation International Society of Liver Transplantation
- Founder Member and Trustee of the Human Organ Procurement and Education (HOPE) Trust
Awards & Honors
In our all the career Dr Arvinder Singh Soin received many awards and honors:
- In 1979, Ranked 15th in India topped 10th standard with O-level.
- In 1981, Ranked 17th in India topped 12th standard with A-level.
- In 1981, National Talent Scholarship for 9 years.
- In 1985, Best Student in Surgery medal at AIIMS, New Delhi.
- In 1989, Best Postgraduate Student in Surgery medal at AIIMS, New Delhi.
- In 1990, Ranked first in All India selection exam.
- In 1994, Awarded British Transplantation Society Bursary.
- In 1996, Awarded research grant from the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh.
- In 1997, Awarded Visiting Fellowship at the Kyoto Liver Transplant Unit British Transplantation Society Bursary.
- In 2005, DMA Distinguished Services Award.
- In 2007, 2008, 2009,2010 his Achievements listed in Limca Book of records.
- In 2008, Medindia Oration and Medindia Award.
- In 2010, RD Birla Outstanding Clinician of the Year Award, DMA Award for excellence in Organ Transplantation, Padma Shri fourth highest civilian honor by Indian President Pratibha Patil.
- In 2011, Swastha Bharat Samman, E- Medinews award.
Net Worth & Salary
Dr Arvinder Singh Soin don’t disclosed his net worth and salary according to media sources. But he is very talented and famous surgeons of India of the liver transplant surgeries. According to his profession and his experience of 21 years Dr Arvinder Singh Soin net worth is no clarification but his liver transplant fees of one patient is Rs. 28 Lakhs and as approx his salary of one month is approx Rs. 50-60 lakhs.
Social Handles of Dr Arvinder Singh Soin
Amazing Facts of Dr Arvinder Singh Soin
- He has performed more than 2500 living donor liver transplant and more than 12000 other complex liver, gall bladder and bile duct surgeries in India, which is the highest in the country and the second highest in the world.
- Dr Arvinder Singh Soin and his team presently perform 25 to 30 liver transplants every month with 95% success rate, which is comparitevely with the world’s best centres of liver transplant.
- He handles many cases from South Asia, Middle East and Africa.
- Dr Arvinder Singh Soin has experience of 21 years of Liver Transplant Surgeon and Hepatobiliary surgeon.
- He also runs the Liver Transplant institute at the Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital, Mumbai.
- Dr Arvinder Singh Soin give training to liver transplant teams in India.
- He is the faculty member and speaker at world fora in Liver Transplantation such as ILTS, AASLD, APDW, IHPBA, IASGO, APASL, Asian Living Donor Liver Transplant Group, Asia Pacific Organ Transplant Forum etc.
- He delivered speech at Naseem Ansari Oration at King George Medical College, Lucknow (2007), Medindia Oration at Chennai (2008), K.E.M. Mumbai Oration (2009) and Dr Phani Dhar Memorial Oration, Mumbai (2011).
You can also read many big powerful Surgeons Biographies like AIIMS Director Dr Randeep Guleria, Dr Naresh Trehan, Dr Ashok Rajgopal, Dr Ramakanta Panda.