Alex Albon is a Thai British motorsports racing Formula One driver for Williams Racing. Alex raced in many racing teams like Scuderia Toro Rosso, Red Bull Racing, and AF Corse. He is the first in a World Championship Formula One race for a Thai driver at the 2020 Tuscan Grand Prix. Check all the details below about Alex Albon Wiki, Age, Height, Girlfriend, Family, Net Worth, Biography & More.
Alex Albon was born on 23rd March 1996 (Age: 26 years; As of 2022) in London, England, United Kingdom. His full name is Alexandar Albon Ansusinha.
Alex holds two nationalities British and Thai, but he races under the Thai flag. Alex select Williams-Mercedes for his 2022 team. His motorsports car number is 23. He follows Buddhism (religion).
Alex Albon completed his schooling at Ipswich School, in Ipswich, Suffolk, England. After this, he starts professional motorsports racing and chooses a career as a professional motorcars racing driver.
Height: 1.86 meters (6 ft 1 inch)
Weight: 74 kg
Hair Colour: Reddish
Eye Colour: Black
Family & Girlfriend
Alex was born in London at the Portland Hospital in a British family. His father’s name is Nigel Albon (former British car racing driver in British Championships) and his mother’s name is Kankamol from Thailand.
Early childhood age grew up in the village of Bures, Suffolk. He has four siblings, a younger brother and three sisters in his family.
Alex Albon dating their girlfriend Lily Muni (a professional Chinese golfer who competes LGPA Tour in the US).
From the beginning of 2019, both started dating each other and frequently post images on Instagram.
His girlfriend Lily Muni was born in Chengdu, Sichuan, China, but first moved to Vancouver and then to San Diego.
Both were met on social media and after met in real life.
- In 2005, Alex Albon started his career at the age of 8, he used to compete locally and won his local Hoddesdon Championship.
- In 2006, Alex started racing in the cadet class and won the Kartmasters British Grand Prix. After this Alex participated in the Super 1 National Honda Cadet Championship.
- In 2006 & 2007, Alex Albon won the Super 1 National Honda Cadet Championship finishing 1st.
- In 2008, Alex moved to the KF3 class and won the Kartmasters British Grand Prix, Formula Kart Stars Championship, KF Winter Series, Super 1 National KF3 Championship, CIK-FIA World Cup, And CIK-FIA European Championship and stayed until 2010.
- In 2011, he graduated to KF1 and placed 2nd in the WSK Euro Series and CIK-FIA World Championship.
- In 2012, Alex Albon joined the Red Bull Junior Team and was promoted to open-wheel cars for the 2012 Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0 season.
- Alex spent 3 years in this series and finished third in the 2014 Championship.
- In 2015, he joined the FIA Formula 3 European Championship and finished on the seventh rank.
- In 2016, Alex Albon signed with ART Grand Prix to contest in the 2016 GP3 Series and ended the seasoned runner behind teammate Charles Leclerc.
- In 2017, he moved to FIA Formula 2 Championship with ART Grand Prix, where he finished on 10th rank.
- In 2018, Alex Albon moved to the DAMS team and won four races, and finished in the third rank in the Championship.
- In 2019, Alex debuted in Formula One with Toro Rosso alongside Daniil Kvyat. He completed twelve races after he was promoted to Red Bull Racing with partnering Max Verstappen and replacing Pierre Gasly.
- In 2020, Alex Albon finish his first podium at the 2020 Tuscan Grand Prix.
- In 2021, After two seasons with Formula One, he was demoted to test and reserve the driver role with Red Bull, and his seat was taken by Sergio Perez.
- In 2022, Alex Albon returned to Formula One Team and drove for Williams-Mercedes.
Motorsports Racing Series
- 2012 – Formula Renault 2.0 Alps
- 2013–2014 – Formula Renault 2.0 NEC
- 2012–2014 – Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0
- 2015 – FIA Formula 3 European Championship
- 2016 – GP3 Series
- 2017–2018 – FIA Formula 2 Championship
- 2021 – Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters
Net Worth & Salary
Alex Albon’s net worth is estimated approx $50+ million dollars. Alex lives a lavish lifestyle with his family and his girlfriend Lily Muni. In his whole career of professional motorsports racing, he earns a lot of good salary for Red Bull Racing $32,000,000 dollars.
Email: [email protected]
Amazing Facts of Alex Albon
- Alex Albon said that Michael Schumacher (a German former racing driver who competed in Formula One) and Valentino Rossi (an Italian former professional motorcycle road racer) is the inspirational figures for him when he was younger.
- He is known to practice Buddhism (known as Dharmavinaya – “Doctrines and disciplines”).
- Alex Albon was honored to be named Rooked of the Year in 2019 by FIA officials.
- Alex Albon met her girlfriend Lily through social media, Lily watch the Netflix series, “Drive to Survive” and she was impressed with the motorcars racing and follow racers including Alex. After this, both were talking on social media.
- On 22nd August 2021, Alex Albon won his maiden DTM race at the Nurburgring, and become the first Thai driver who wins a DTM race.
- Alex Albon’s first entry in the 2019 Australian Grand Prix for Formula One World Championship.
Read other Biographies Below: