Harak Singh Rawat is an Indian Politician and member of Bhartiya Janata Party. He is currently a member of the Uttarakhand Legislative Assembly in the Uttarakhand government. Check all the details below about Harak Singh Rawat Wiki, Age, Caste, Education, Family, Wife, Son, Net Worth, Biography & More.
Harak Singh Rawat was born on the 15th of December, 1960 (Age: 61 years; As in 2021). His birthplace is in Srinagar city in Pauri Garhwal district of Uttarakhand, India. His religion is Hinduism. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius.
Harak Singh Rawat belongs to Uttarakhand middle caste family. His residence is in Dehradun, Uttarakhand. His nationality is Indian. His full name is Dr. Harak Singh Rawat. His profession and social work only politics.
He did his primary schooling and secondary education from a government school. And went for his high studies at Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University, Srinagar, Uttarakhand.
In 1984, he completed his post-graduation and after Master in Arts. Later, he earned his Doctor of Philosophy (P.hd) in Military Science in 1996.
|Full Name||Harak Singh Rawat|
|Real Name||Harak Singh Rawat|
|Famous for/Known for||Member of Legislative Assembly|
|Profession||Social work & Politics|
|Political Party||Congress & BJP|
|Date of Birth||15 December, 1960|
|Age||61 years (As in 2021)|
|Birthplace||Srinagar, Pauri Garhwal, Uttarakhand, India|
|Hometown||Srinagar, Pauri Garhwal, Uttarakhand, India|
|Caste||Belong to Middle Caste|
|Zodiac Sign/Sun Sign||Sagittarius|
|Education||B.A., M.A., and P.hd in Military Science from Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University|
|Children||Tushit Rawat (Son), 1 Daughter|
|Net Worth||Rs. 2.69 Crores|
Height: 5′ ft 4″ inch
Weight:: 75 kg (approx)
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Black
Skin Color: Fair
Family & Wife
Harak Singh Rawat belongs to Uttarakhand Pauri Garhwal middle caste family. His father named is Narayan Singh and his mother is a housewife. He doesn’t disclose further information about his family and his family background. His wife’s name is Deepti Rawat, who is a government employee.
He has a son Tushit Rawat and one daughter.
- He started his political career in 1991 after joining Congress when he won the assembly election from Pauri Garhwal and became the youngest minister of Uttar Pradesh.
- He was selected as the youngest Tourism Minister of Uttar Pradesh from 1991-1993.
- In 1993, he was re-elected as MLA from Pauri Garhwal Assembly.
- In 1997, he was appointed as Vice-Chairman (Cabinet Rank) in U.P. Khadi Gram Udyog Board.
- From 1997 to the present, he was a member of the Uttar Pradesh Congress Committee and was also appointed as a member of the Uttar Pradesh Congress Working Committee.
- In 2002, he was elected as MLA from 32 Lansdowne Vidhan Sabha Constituency and won the election, after he was selected as Cabinet Minister of four departments – Revenue, Food & Civil Supplies, Disaster Management, and Rehabilitation.
- He joined Bhartiya Janata Party and relieve Congress in 2017.
- In 2007, he was elected as the leader of the opposition Uttarakhand Vidhan Sabha.
- In 2012, he was elected from Rudraprayag Uttarakhand Vidhan Sabha.
- In 2017, he was elected from Kotdwara Uttarakhand Vidhan Sabha.
- On 16th Jan 2022, he was expelled from Uttarakhand BJP.
House Address and Contact Details
Residence: Dehradun, Uttarakhand
Permanent address: Shrikhot Ganganali Srinagar, Uttarakhand
Present address: Shrikhot Ganganali Srinagar, Uttarakhand
Contact number: 9411114793
Net Worth & Salary
Harak Singh Rawat net worth Rs. 2.69 Crore+ with no liabilities (As in 2021) as per the media sources. Also, Harak Singh Rawat’s salary as MLA and member of Uttarakhand assembly is Rs. 50000 per month, and additional other allowances are paid by the government of Uttarakhand.
Social Handles of Mansukh Mandaviya
Amazing Facts of Harak Singh Rawat
- He is the youngest Minister of Uttar Pradesh in 1991 and won the election from Pauri.
- Harak Singh Rawat was also the candidate of Congress from Garhwal in the 2014 Indian general election.
- In 2002, after winning from the Lansdowne constituency, Harak Singh Rawat was appointed as Cabinet Minister of four departments – Revenue, Food & Civil Supplies, Disaster Management, and Rehabilitation.
- Harak Singh Rawat said that he made a hospital for Uttarakhand peoples, whether I remain MLA or not but complete our promise for you.
- Harak Singh Rawat is a former Congress MLA and he was one of the nine legislators who had revolted against Uttarakhand CM Harish Rawat.
- Harak Singh Rawat’s daughter-in-law is former Miss India name Anukriti Gusain.
- Harak Singh Rawat was expelled from BJP for 6 years.
Read Other Biographies: