Arvind Kumar Sharma IAS or AK Sharma is the former IAS officer of 1988 batch of Gujarat cadre, Member of Legislative council from Uttar Pradesh and the Vice President of UP BJP unit. Arvind Kumar Sharma IAS officer is the PM Modi best trusted officer from the last two decades. Check all the details about Arvind Kumar Sharma IAS Wiki, Age, Biography, Wife, Family, Career, Net Worth, Facts & More.
Arvind Kumar Sharma IAS was born on 11th July, 1962 (Age 59 years; As in 2021) in Kajha Khurd, Block: Ranipur, Tehsil: Muhammadabad Gohna, Mau district, UP. His nickname is also known as AK Sharma. His zodiac sign is Libra. His caste is Hindu Brahmin. His nationality is Indian. His religion is Hinduism.
Arvind Kumar Sharma was the Indian Administrative Service Officer of Gujarat batch 1988. His IAS identification number is 01GJ026700. His IAS Source of Recruitment is direct by UPSSC Exam clearance. His mother tongue is Hindi and also known English language. Arvind Kumar Sharma take voluntary retirement and reason is to serving as BJP party member.
Arvind Kumar Sharma IAS or AK Sharma did his schooling from DAV Inter College, Mau. He passed High school and Intermediate in first class with science stream. Thereafter he did his graduation Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Philosophy & Economics from Allahabad University with first class marks.
Thereafter, he did his Masters in Political Science from Allahabad University as second topper and he was enrolled as a Research fellow (D.Phil) with UGC fellowship. Thereafter, he was working as a lecturer in the department of Political Science. He was selected for the IAS in the mid of 1988 and he left the lecturer job in the University.
In Service of IAS he got training in Assam Administrative Staff College for 3 weeks in Guwahati (1995-1996) and also got training in Indian Institute of Management for 1 week in Bangalore (1999-2000). He also got foreign training in Public Administration in Australia for Master of Public Policy and Transport in USA for Structuring Tarriff.
In 2006, AK Sharma completed his Master of Public Policy Course with merit from Australian National University, Canberra with high distinctions in all the papers.
Height: 5′ 7″ inch
Weight (approx) : 60 Kg
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Skin Colour: Fair
Family & Wife
Arvind Kumar Sharma IAS father is in UP Road and Transport service and mother housewife, who support in all the higher education and AK Sharma became an IAS officer. He has one widowed Bua ji who support in his family to continued his education. And he has also two younger brothers.
AK Sharma don’t disclose his wife and daughter name but his wife complains sometimes saying I am incapable of refusing work and his daughter who is a lawyer, once argued: “Papa, I will file a Human Right Case against the Government. How can they keep you working on holidays like Holi, Dussehra and Diwali?”. He don’t disclose any further information about his family, wife and children.
Arvind Kumar Sharma IAS career started from Allahabad University as a lecturer later, he cleared UPSSC Exam and joined the Indian Administrative Service in 1988. After spent two years of training he was posted to Gujarat state. He was posted as SDM at Palitana in Bhavnagar District.
Arvind Kumar Sharma IAS or AK Sharma next posting as District Development Officer (DDO) and CEO of District Panchayat of Vadodara District. Thereafter, he was District Magistrate in three districts of Gujarat (Mehsana, Kheda, & Anand). At the state level he was two postings first is Deputy Secretary Finance Department and second is In-charge of the Bureau of Public Enterprises during the period of 1998-1999.
After 8th October 2001, Arvind Kumar Sharma IAS was appointed as Secretary to the CM of Gujarat, he was the junior most among three IAS secretaries. Thereafter he managed departments of Industry, Mining, Revenue, Forests, Education, Tourism, Road & Building, and Infrastructure etc.
During the period of 2001 – 2014 in CM office of Gujarat, he held many industrial and infrastructure development assignments like MD of iNDEXTb and CEO of GIDB. In 2014, he was posted in PM office as Joint Secretary and In 2017, he was the additional secretary in PM office.
In 2020, Arvind Kumar Sharma IAS was appointed as the Secretary of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises. In January 2021, he take VRS from his job.
And joined the BJP Party and AK Sharma is the member of BJP Party. At, present AK Sharma is the Vice President of UP BJP party.
Positions Held as IAS Officer
AK Sharma or Arvind Kumar Sharma held below listed positions :
- Assistant Collector Junior Scale (01-08-1989 to 01-08-1992)
- Additional Registrar Under Secretary (01-08-1992 to 01-02-1993)
- District Dev Officer Under Secretary (01-02-1993 to 01-04-1995)
- Commissioner Under Secretary (01-04-1995 to 01-05-1997)
- Jt M D Under Secretary (01-05-1997 to 01-07-1997)
- Collector Deputy Secretary (01-07-1997 to 01-06-1998)
- Deputy Secretary (01-06-1998 to 01-04-1999)
- Jt Commissioner Deputy Secretary (01-04-1999 to 01-06-2001)
- Additional Commissioner Deputy Secretary (01-06-2001 to 01-10-2001)
- Secretary to CM (01-10-2001 to 13-02-2004)
- Secretary to CM Joint Secretary (14-02-2004 to 02-01-2006)
- Joint Secretary (04-01-2006 to 13-11-2006)
- Secretary to CM Joint Secretary (14-11-2006 to 17-04-2013)
- Chief Minister Additional Secretary (17-04-2013 to 30-05-2014)
- Joint Secretary to PM Office (03-06-2014 to 22-07-2017)
- Additional Secretary to PM Office (22-07-2017 to 30-04-2020)
- Secretary of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (30-04-2020 to 11-01-2021)
Net Worth & Salary
AK Sharma or Arvind Kumar Sharma IAS net worth is approx Rs. 1-2 Crores. Because he is an IAS officer for 36 years as a service and his salary is approx Rs. 1-2 lakhs as an IAS officer and posted at several positions as SDM, DM, Joint Secretary, Additional Joint Secretary, Deputy Secretary, CM Secretary, PM Secretary, Additional PM Secretary etc.
Social Handles of AK Sharma
राष्ट्रीय ब्राह्मण युवजन सभा के मा० राष्ट्रीय अध्यक्ष भृगुवंशी आशुतोष पांडेय जी से शुभेच्छा मुलाक़ात हुई। गुरुजनों, विप्र एवं ब्राह्मण वर्ग की अमृतमय कृपा, आशीर्वाद एवं सानिध्य हेतु सदैव नतमस्तक हूँ।
— A K Sharma (@aksharmaBharat) June 20, 2021
Amazing Facts of AK Sharma or Arvind Kumar Sharma IAS
- In his childhood, he was spent studying under the light of diyas, lanterns.
- He shared his childhood eating snacks like groundnuts, samosas, ghathis, sweets and fruits.
- When Arvind Kumar Sharma was studying in Allahabad University, he composed and recite poetry and gazhals of Jagjit & Chitra Singh.
- When Arvind Kumar Sharma was in final year of post graduation he participate in dramas, skits, and short play of the Allahabad University. He played a Police Inspector Matadeen role in the skit. He was praised by the Head of Department Mr. Jain and said you will become an Inspector General.
- Arvind Kumar Sharma said the he was blessed by the father, his widowed Bua ji, and his two younger brothers.
- During the studies of civil services he went especially Hanuman Mandirs at Civil Line and Sangam.
- His father was a visionary and played an important role to setup a secondary school in his village.
- Arvind Kumar Sharma cleared UPSSC Exam and became an IAS officer of 1988 batch and posted in Gujarat.
- He was also made MD of Gujarat State Financial Services Company known as NBFC of Gujarat government.
- Arvind Kumar Sharma was awarded by the State Government as the Best DDO in 1993-1994.
- AK Sharma got the ISO certification for the CM office in Gujarat.
- He had the opportunity to contribute in setting up MEGA industrial projects in Gujarat like Tata Nano Project, Suzuki Project and Ford Motors etc.
- He is the big fan of PM Narendra Modi.
- AK Sharma spent 20 years with PM Narendra Modi. So, AK Sharma is known as the “Modi’s Man” in circle of politics and power corridors.
- He is appointed as UP BJP party Vice President.