Vicky Gill is a famous costume designer, fashion designer, and award-winning designer from England. Vicky Gill is best known for working as a costume designer for the famous Strictly Come Dancing since 2012. She famed the audience when she designed a dress with the help of three million crystals and 500 feet of feathers. She produced 500 costumes for the contestants of Strictly every year. Hello, I am your host tell you below about Vicky Gill’s Wikipedia, Age, Height, Husband, Family, Education, Net Worth & Biography.
Vicky Gill Wikipedia/Biography
Vicky was born in 1973 (Age: 50 years old; As of 2023) in Stanley, County Durham, England. She is an accomplished costume designer, honored with a BAFTA award for her exceptional work in TV, Theatre, and Music.
Her notable contributions include acclaimed designs for BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing and Dancing On Ice. Alongside her professional achievements, she follows the Christian faith and holds British nationality.
Vicky Gill Education & Qualification
When her real interest in fashion and clothing developed, after Vicky completed her fashion course at Newcastle College. She completed her further education in fashion from Epsom School of Art and Design.
Vicky Gill Height & Weight
- Height: 5′ 6″ inches (approx.)
- Weight: 58 kg (approx.)
- Eye Colour: Brown
- Hair Colour: Brown
Vicky Gill Family & Parents
Vicky Gill’s father’s name is Alan Gill who is working as a Butcher.
Her mother’s name is Emily Gill she is a retired Seamstress.
She acquired a multitude of sewing skills from her mother during her journey in learning fashion design.
She also shared a picture of her two sibling brothers on her Instagram that her brother Barry and John died earlier.
But full and clear information about her siblings she never disclosed publicly.
Vicky Gill’s Husband & Children
Vicky is a married woman for almost 15 years. Her husband’s name is Mark Gil, he works as a Graphic Designer.
She is a mother of three kids born with Mark. Her son’s name is Ollie Gill, whereas her two daughters’ names are lzzy Gill and Evie Gill.
She currently lives in Godstone with her husband and kids. She told in a interview,
I have a deep affection for Godstone. All my children attended the village school, and the convenience of easy access to London and airports adds to the charm. Surrey’s lifestyle marks a stark contrast from my upbringing in the North East. It’s been many years since I left my hometown at the age of 18. Life in Surrey does feel faster, whether it’s the demands of my job, the dynamics of family life, or the local surroundings. The pace and rhythm of life have certainly shifted since my days back home.
Vicky Gill Fashion Career
Vicky Gill began working for Strictly Come Dancing TV shows as a Costume designer in 2012. She diligently begins her work by researching their body type and coloring.
By the time they meet, she has already gathered a plethora of ideas about styles that might suit them, ensuring a thoughtful and personalized approach to her work.
This was a successful path for her career. She serves as Chief Costume Designer for Strictly Come Dancing show. Further her hard working at Strictly provided her a chance to perform as a designer for the TV movie ‘Bollywood Carmen’ and one episode of BBC Proms in 2016.
She worked as a designer for many TV shows such as ‘Wedding Day Winner’, ‘All-Star Musicals’, ‘Starstruck’, ‘Dancing on Ice’, ‘Stitch Please!, and more.
She worked as a costume designer for Queen’s Platinum Jubilee 2022: The Pageant. In recognition of her exceptional design talent, she clinched the prestigious BAFTA award in 2020. After that, she was nominated for RTS Craft and Design Award in 2019.
Vicky Gill Net Worth & Income
The average salary of a Costume Designer, who worked for TV shows in the United Kingdom is estimated near $40k-$50k USD. But she has been working as a Chief designer which means her salary is somewhere near $80k-$90k per annum. She worked as a designer for the last 10 years. Vicky Gill net worth is estimated at $5-6 million dollars from her services as a Costume Designer.
Vicky Gill Social Media Handles
Vicky Gill Amazing Facts
- Vicky, a renowned costume designer, has an impressive portfolio that includes working with groups like Girls Aloud.
- Her heart lies in the North East, often visiting its charming places.
- With a childhood passion for dance evolving into an interest in fashion and clothing, she brings a unique flair to her designs.
- Sundays are cherished family days for her.
- Currently serving as the Costume Chief for Strictly Come Dancing.
- Vicky gained widespread recognition in 2021 for a dazzling dress adorned with 3 million crystals and 500 feet of feathers, capturing the audience’s attention.
- She considers herself fortunate to constantly meet new people in her television show role.
- Following college, Vicky dedicated time to teaching dance to kids, navigating through job uncertainties.
- A memorable trip to Ireland marked her May 2022 adventures.
- Notably, she has contributed to the styles of famous celebrities, including Kylie Jenner.
- In June 2022, Croatia became a part of her travel experiences.
- Vicky’s journey is marked by a passion for creativity, dedication to her craft, and a love for exploring new places.