Dr Randeep Guleria is a famous pulmonologist and the present Director of AIIMS, Delhi. In 2015, he was honoured with Padma Shri, the fourth-highest civilian award of India. He was accredited with the foundation of India’s first centre for pulmonary medicines and sleep disorders at AIIMS.
He is also the head of India’s pandemic COVID-19 health issues. Check more details about Dr Randeep Guleria Wiki, Age, Salary, Wife, Family, Qualification, Net Worth, Biography, Awards & More.
Dr Randeep Guleria was born on Sunday, 5th April 1959 (Age 62 years; As in 2021) in Kangra, Himachal Pradesh, India. He was born into a high class Rajput caste family.
His zodiac sign is Aries. His religion is Hinduism. His nationality is Indian. Since, childhood his dream to be a doctor, because his father is also a big Physician and Cardiologist of India. He currently lives in Delhi adjacent of AIIMS campus.
He completed his schooling from Delhi’s St. Columba’s School in 1975. Thereafter, he did his undergraduate degree in Medicine from Indira Gandhi Medical College & Hospital (IGMC), Shimla, and later, he joined the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh to secure a academic degree generally medicine and pulmonary medicine.
He also holds a Doctorate of Medicine within the Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine from AIIMS, Delhi.
Height: 5′ 7″ inch
Weight: 72 Kg
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: White
Skin Colour: Fair
Dr Randeep Guleria is the first child of a general physician and the ex-Dean and Professor of the All India Institute of Medical Science, New Delhi, Dr Jagdev Singh Guleria (General Physician and Cardiologist). Dr J.S. Guleria is also a Padma Shri Awardee in 2003.
His mother is a housewife.
He has one younger brother Sandeep Guleria and younger sister Neeru Guleria.
Dr Randeep Guleria is married to Dr Kiran Guleria, who is a famous gynaecologist.
He don’t disclose any information about his children.
Randeep Guleria worked as an professor in PGI, Chandigarh from 1984 to 1992. In 1992, he joined the All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS) as an professor and later rose to the ranks of professor, the top of the Department of Pulmonology and Sleep Disorders.
In 2011, he established India’s first centre for respiratory diseases and sleep medicine at AIIMS (Delhi). He’s known for his dynamic leadership within the Department of Pulmonary Medicine and Sleep Disorders at AIIMS (Delhi).
And it had been under his leadership that the department was awarded because the best department in pulmonary medicine consecutively for 3 years: 2014, 2015, and 2016 by the NIELSEN survey.
In 2017, he was chaired because the Director of AIIMS (Delhi). He will stay the post for a period up to five years or till the age of 65 years or until further orders, whichever is earlier.
An honest approach to life and a complete devotion to my job is what spiritualism means to me. I have great faith in the Almighty, and so, I consider myself spiritual, says Randeep Guleria.
Dr Randeep Guleria is one among the simplest and famous Indian doctors and has been related to various medical organizations and agencies. Here are a few:
- Associated to World Health Organisation- Dr Randeep Guleria is a member of WHO’s Scientific Advisory Group of Experts (SAGE) on immunisation and influenza vaccination.
- Dr Randeep Guleria is a life member of the Association of Physicians of India, Indian Chest Society and the National College of Chest Physicians of India.
- Consultant to IAEA- Dr Randeep Guleria is a consultant to International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), Vienna for addressing various issues related to radiation protection.
- Dr Randeep Guleria is also a member Indian National Task Force of COVID-19.
Awards, Honour & Achievement
Dr Guleria’s efforts in medical science are constantly acknowledged with various awards and recognition.
- In 2010, he received Zee TV and LIC “Swasth Bharat Award”.
- In 2011, he was awarded the Himachal Gaurav Award.
- In 2014, he received “Lung India Award” for the best article in Lung India by Indian Chest Society.
- He was awarded with the esteemed Dr. B.C. Roy National Award for the year 2014 in the category “Eminent Medical Person”.
- He was awarded the Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award, in 2015.
Net Worth & Salary
Dr Randeep Guleria don’t disclose any information about his net worth and salary but an estimated on the basis of average AIIMS Doctor salary between is Rs 1 Lakh- 20 Lakhs. So, he is the Director of AIIMS, his salary and net worth is above 25-30 Lakhs per annum minimum.
Amazing Facts of Dr Randeep Guleria
- Dr Randeep Guleria was personal physician of the previous prime minister of India Atal Bihari Vajpayee, consistent with him, Atal Bihari had great respect for doctors and would often invite him for dinner at his residence.
- He is an alumnus of St. Columba’s School, Delhi.
- Guleria is co-author of book “Till We Win: India’s Fight Against The COVID-19 pandemic” with Chandrakant Lahariya and Gagandeep Kang both are health system expert.
- Out of 268 articles of Dr Guleria’s research and findings, 117 of them are published by ResearchGate (an online knowledge repository).
- He is regarded as one of India’s leading medical expert.
- His book “Till We Win: India’s Fight Against The COVID-19 pandemic” became national bestseller within first week of release (The Asian Age National bestseller list ; 20 Dec 2020).
- Dr Randeep Guleria may be a receiver of Raj Nanda Pulmonary Disease Fellowship and is additionally an elected fellow of the National Academy of Medical Sciences.
- His book “Till We Win: India’s Fight Against The COVID-19 pandemic” book has been recommended by nearly all major newspapers The Deccan Herald, The Pioneer and The Times of India; and journals as essential reading for 2021.