Charles McGonigal is a former Section Chief of the Cyber Counterintelligence Coordination Section in the FBI in America. Charles McGonigal is famous for working in the FBI during 1996-2018. Charles performed his job better as Section Chief Cyber-Counterintelligence in the FBI. After his retirement in 2018 from the FBI, Charles was involved in a bribe case for helping Oleg Deripaska (a Russian billionaire) removed from a US Sanction list. At present, many charges made against him like money laundering and violating US Sanctions. Check all the details below about Charles McGonigal’s Wiki, Age, Height, Wife, Family, Kids, Charges, FBI Arrest, Biography & More.
Charles McGonigal Wiki/Biography
Charles McGonigal was born in 1968 (Age: 54 years; As of 2023) in Ohio, United States. His full real name is Charles “Charlie” McGonigal and his nickname is Charles. His current residence is in Chevy Chase, Maryland. He is popular for getting arrested under money laundering and violating U.S. Sanctions charges. His former profession is FBI Agent. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is White. He follows Christianity (religion).
Charles McGonigal Educational Qualification
He completed his schooling at the local school in his town. After completing schooling, he attended Johns Hopkins University and completed his bachelor’s degree in Business Administration. He completed his bachelor’s degree in 1990. After completing his bachelor’s studies, he joined the FBI in 1996. In 2012, Charles completed his master’s degree from John Hopkins University.
Charles McGonigal Physical Stats
- Height: 5′ 11″ inches
- Weight: 83 kg
- Eye Colour: Blue
- Hair Colour: Brown
- Hair Length: Short
- Shoe Size: 8 US (7 UK)
- Body Measurements: Chest-38, Waist-30, Biceps-14
Charles McGonigal Family & Parents
Charles was born into a middle-class well-settled family to American parents. He is the loving child in his family. He doesn’t disclose information about his family and parents. Also, he never uploads any photos of his parents. He also doesn’t disclose his siblings’ names and professions.
Charles McGonigal’s Wife & Children
Charles is a former FBI agent of America. His relationship status is committed and his marital status is married. On 21st November 1994, Charles married Pamela Fox McGonigal (girlfriend).
After some time of his marriage with his wife Pamela, he became the father of a daughter named Daphine McGonigal and after this, he is the father of a son named Connor McGonigal. Charles’s kids are now completing their studies in America. He shared many photos with his wife and kids on his social media handles.
Charles McGonigal Career & Profession
He started his career as a Corporate banker and worked in the French Canadian Bank Headquarters in New York. Charles worked in the public accounting department at the bank. In 1996, Charles joined the FBI and was appointed to the FBI branch. He shifted from the New York branch to Cleveland, Washington, D.C., and also Baltimore.
After this, Charles was appointed to the Cyber-Counterintelligence Coordination Section of the FBI. In the FBI, Charles was working against Cyber Threats and Counterintelligence. In 2010, Charles became the topmost officer in charge of the WikiLeaks Task Force at the FBI and helped in the conviction of Pfc.
In 1996, when he joined the FBI, he investigated the TWA Flight 800 crash. In 2016, Charles was promoted to the Section Chief of the Cyber-Counterintelligence Coordination Section. In 2018, he retired from the FBI.
McGonigal spearheaded and led national security investigations with the Department of Justice and the Department of Treasury against global financial institutions ING and HSBC in violation of the International Emergency Economic Powers Act resulting in over $1.0 billion in fines
Charles McGonigal Charges and Court Case
He was arrested by FBI agents on two charges first is money laundering and second is violating U.S. Sanctions on Russia. An allegation was submitted against him that he has taken a bribe of $225000 dollars and Charles took this bribe from an unknown former Albanian Intelligence Agent when he was in the FBI in New York. In September 2017, Charles also met Albanian Prime Minister Edi Rama and advised him on some matters.
A second charge of violating U.S. sanctions against him was because sources said that Charles worked with a former Soviet Diplomat on behalf of Deripaska (a Russian billionaire). So, he worked and lift the Deripaska sanction in 2019 and later took money in 2021.
Charles McGonigal Net Worth & Income
Charles McGonigal’s net worth is estimated at approx. $4 million dollars. He is a famous former Section Chief of the Cyber Counterintelligence Coordination Section in the FBI in America. He earns a good income as an agent of the FBI. Also, if he has taken a bribe of $225000 dollars from a former Albanian Intelligence worker then he is the owner of millions of dollars. Charles also sold his West Village Apartment for more than $730k dollars in 2020, where Charles was living before selling.
Charles McGonigal Social Handles
- Instagram: charl.esmcgonigal
Charles McGonigal Amazing Facts
- He has been listed as one of the highest-ranking FBI officers arrested under this crime.
- From 2017 to his retirement in 2018 from the FBI, Charles never disclose his relationship with the former Albanian Intelligence worker to the FBI.
- After retiring from the FBI, he kept on working for Deripaska (a Russian billionaire) with the help of his one law firm as an investigator which paid him $25000 dollars for his work.
- Charles later started working for Russian agents directly for which he got $50k dollars.
- In January 2023, Charles presented in court for having a connection with Russian billionaire Deripaska, when he was appointed to the FBI.
- In January 2023, Charles presented in Manhattan Federal Court in front of the judge and was released on bail.
- In January 2023, he was arrested by FBI agents under money laundering and violating U.S. Sanctions on Russia. After his arrest, Charles was free from court on a $50000 dollars bond.
- In January 2023, along with him, Interpreter Sergey Shestakov was arrested at John F. Kennedy International Airport.
- Charles flew abroad to meet foreign nationals where he might meet the Albanian Prime Minister also stated in his case.
- His next hearing is online in the federal court in D.C. on 25th January 2023.
Read other Biographies Below: