Saza Azad is a famous Indian actress, theatre director, and musician. Saba Azad plays many roles in her real life as well. In 2008 at the age of 18, Saba Azad started her acting career with her debut film “Dil Kabaddi”. Saba plays different movie roles in the industry and come a long way in singing for several Bollywood movies. Check all the details below about Saba Azad Wiki, Biography, Age, Caste, Boyfriend, Family, Parents, Facts & More.
Saba Azad was born on 1st November 1990 (Age: 32 years; As of 2022) in Delhi, India. Saba Azad’s real name is Saba Singh Grewal. Her nationality is Indian. Also, Saba was interested in dance and acting since her childhood.
After completing her schooling, Saba started her journey as a theatre artist to pursue a career in acting. Saba Azad is the niece of Safdar Hashmi (a great street theatre artist and director). Since childhood, she influence by theatre and grew up learning theatre and even performed with Safdar Hashmi’s theatre group name Jana Natya Manch.
Saba is professionally trained in several dance forms like Odissi, classical ballet, jazz, Latin, and more. Saba traveled to Canada, Nepal, and England as well to perform her dance with Kiran Segal her Odissi guru.
Over the many years, she has also done several television ad commercials for brands like Cadbury, Maggi, Tata Sky, Google, Vodafone, Nescafe, and many more. Saba Azad started the cinema when she got the main role in the short film “Guroor” directed by Ishaan Nair.
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″ inches
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Saba belongs to a middle-class Punjabi family from Delhi.
Saba’s father PM Singh Grewal (profession)
and her mother is a housewife. Saba has also an elder brother who lives in Europe.
When Saba entered the Indian film industry, Saba met Imaad Shah (son of actor Naseeruddin Shah and Ratna Pathak Shah).
Both have similar passions and professions so this common ground helped them to get together.
In 2013, Imaad Shah (boyfriend) confirmed in front of the media that they had been in a live-in relationship for the last year.
Saba Azad was spotted with Bollywood actor Hritik Roshan at the Mumbai airport following which speculations and gossip about her being the secret girlfriend of the Bollywood star.
After completing her schooling, Saba started her acting career as a theatre artist from where Saba got a lead role in the short film “Guroor”, directed by Ishaan Nair. Saba get Bollywood debut when she got a role in the movie “Dil Kabbadi” (2008) as Raaga.
After her debut movie, she got a lead role in the movie “Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge” (2011) as Preity Sen. Saba started her own theatre company “The Skins” in 2010 and directed her first play “Lovepuke” (2010).
Saba started her musical career working with Imaad Shah, she started her own personal indie electronic band “Madboy/Mink”.
Saba gained popularity among the youth with her band and recorded some songs for a few Bollywood movies, like “Nautanki Saala” in 2013, song “Dhak Dhak Karne Laga” and “Dil Ki Toh Lag Gayi”. Saba let her voice in the “Dhoom Anthem” in 2013.
Saba is also famous for the songs, like “Calcutta Kiss” in the film “Detective Byomkesh Baksy!” in 2015, “Neend Na Mujhko Aaye” in the film Shandaar (2015), “Dekhe Meri Aankhon Mein Jo” song in the film “Main Aur Charles” (2015), “Bhar De Hamaare Glass” in film “Karwaan” (2018) and “Nakhrewaali” in the film “Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota” (2019).
- Saba Azad upload a picture on her Instagram account in which she mentioned that her original name was “Saba Singh Grewal”, but she chose to change her name to Saba Azad. She did this to feel free from all the tags that are given to people, by people. Saba was heavily trolled by people on Instagram for changing her name.
- She performed at an anti-CAA protest that took place in January at Shaheen Bagh, New Delhi. Saba Azad sang the anthem of the India People Theatre Association’s song, “Tu Zinda Hai”. Saba also recited a poem by Faiz Ahmad Faiz, “Bol Ke Lab Azad Hain Tere.” Later, a social media post went viral claiming that the protest was held to celebrate the exodus of Kashmiri Pandits from Jammu & Kashmir, and she was criticized for her participation in the protest.
Amazing Facts of Saba Azad
- She almost cried when Saba was shooting for “Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge” movie as she asked to cut her hair short for the role of Preity Sen.
- She is a big-time foodie and Saba often posts pictures of the things she eats on her social media Instagram account. Saba’s favorite food items are eggs, salmon, and Khasi Thali (a Meghalayan delicacy).
- His band’s name is “Madboy/Mink” story behind that Imaad was given the name Madboy by his friends, and Saba got Mink’s name from her favorite music producer, Samrat B.
- Saba’s influence on the kind of music she makes varies from different genres like blues, jazz, and rock ‘n’ roll to different decades and centuries. Saba inspired her to work harder with different generations and types of music.
- Saba and Imaad Shah were seen together in a Netflix short film, “Will You Be My Quarantine?” in June 2020.
- Saba is fond of dancing and traveling.
- Saba loves to travel and loves attending music festivals all around the world.
- Saba is an avid pet lover.
- Saba is looking gorgeous as his teenager.
- She is a guitarist also.
- Saba clicks a photoshoot for Instagram photos.
- Saba is looking gorgeous in Indian wear.
- Saba band Madboy Mink was featured on Firstpost.
- Saba and Imaad Shah were featured for their collaboration in THE HINDU.
Read other Biographies Below: