Florence Pugh is an English actress. Florence Pugh makes her acting debut in the drama film The Falling. She gained recognition, for her leading role as a young bride in the independent drama Lady Macbeth, winning a British Independent Film Award. After starring in the television film King Lear, she drew praise for her leading role in the miniseries The Little Drummer Girl and earned a nomination for the BAFTA Rising Star Award that year. Check all the details given below about Florence Pugh’s Wiki, Age, Height, Weight, Family, Boyfriend, Career, Salary, Net Worth, Biography & More.
Florence Pugh Wiki/Biography
Florence Pugh was born on 3rd January 1996 (Age: 26 years; as of 2022) in Oxford, England. Her nationality is British and her ethnicity is White. Her Zodiac sign is Capricorn and she follows Christianity (religion). Her profession is a famous English Actress.
Florence Pugh Educational Qualification
Florence Pugh completed her education at Wychwood School and St Edward’s School, Oxford. After that, She started her acting career and also she works in so many theatres and movies and TV, and so on.
Florence Pugh Physical Stats
- Height: 5′ 4″ inches
- Weight: 53 kg
- Eye Color: Green
- Hair Color: Blonde
- Shoe Size: 8 US
- Dress Size: 6 US
Florence Pugh Family & Parents
Florence Pugh was born into a middle-class family to English parents. Her father’s name is Clinton Pugh she is a Restaurateur her mother’s name is Deborah she is a dancer.
She has three siblings actor and musician Toby Sebastian, actress Arabella Gibbins, and Rafaela “Raffie” Pugh.
Florence Pugh Husband & Relationship
Florence Pugh’s dating status is single and her marital status is unmarried. Previously, Florence Pugh dated Zack Braff but after three years of dating. Florence Pugh start dating Zack Braff after collaborating together on a short film in 2019. But currently, according to the sources, she is single now.
Florence Pugh Career & Profession
While still studying in the sixth form, Florence Pugh makes her professional acting debut in the 2014 drama The Falling, playing a precocious teenager opposite Maisie Williams. Tara Brady of The Irish Times deemed Pugh “remarkable”, while IndieWire’s Oliver Lyttelton called her “striking”.
In the same year, the actress was nominated for Best British Newcomer at the BFI London Film Festival as well as for Young British, Irish Performer of the Year by the London Film Critics Circle. Pugh was cast to portray a singer-songwriter in the dramedy pilot Studio City, co-starring Eric McCormack as the character’s father, the following year.
She would later characterize the experience of Studio City very negatively, in light of pressures to change her appearance. Pugh remarked that “all the things that they were trying to change about me- whether it was my weight, my look, the shape of my face, the shape of my eyebrows- that was so not what I wanted to do, or the industry I wanted to work in.
In 2016, Pugh starred in the independent drama Lady Macbeth, a film based on the novella Lady Macbeth of the Mtsensk District by Nikolai Leskov, and appeared in the first series of the ITV detective series Marcella. She played Katherine, an unhappily married bride who grows violet. She attributed her attraction to the part to her partiality for characters with “confusing or at least interesting” motivations. The role earned the actress acclaim. She also credited the production with reviving her interest in cinema after being dispirited by Studio City.
Florence Pugh won the BIFA Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a British Independent Film for the role. She garnered a nomination for the BAFTA Rising Star Award at the 71st British Academy Film Awards in 2018. Later that year, Pugh portrayed Elizabeth de Burgh in the Netflix historical film Outlaw King, co-starring Chris Pine as Robert the Bruce. Charles Bramesco of The Guardian found her to be “excellent despite her thankless role”. Her performance was met with praise.
Breakthrough and critical recognition
Florence Pugh starred in three major films in 2019, during which she was recognized as having experienced an international breakthrough. Pugh first played professional wrestler Paige in Fighting With My Family, a comedy-drama about Paige’s career. Geoffrey Macnab of The Independent credited the actress for being “completely convincing as the wrestler”, adding that she showed “the same defiance, scruffy glamour and self-deprecating humor as the real-life Paige”. She next headlined Ari Aster’s horror film Midsommar, which chronicles an American couple, played by her and Jack Reynor, who travel to Sweden and encounter a cult.
In her film release of the year, she starred in Little Women, a period drama film adaptation of Louisa May Alcott’s novel of the same name directed by Greta Gerwing. Pugh portrays Amy March, a fickle artist, beginning at age 12 into adulthood, and says the character is in a “sweet spot of not knowing how to deal with her emotions”. The film received critical acclaim and grossed $209 million. She earned nominations for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress and the BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role for her performance.
Pugh portrayed Yelena Belova, a spy, in the Marvel Cinematic Universe superhero film Black Widow. She described the film as being about “girls who are stolen from around the world”. Caryn James of BBC Culture credited pugh for making Belova “the most vibrant person in the film, more lived-in-than most action-movie characters”. She reprised the role in the Disney+ series Hawkeye later in the year.
Florence Pugh starred in the thriller Don’t Worry Darling, directed by Olivia Wilde, and the drama The Wonder, an adaption of Emma Donoghue’s novel of the same name. Don’t Worry Darling premiered at the 79th Venice International Film Festival, where critics deemed Pugh’s performance superior to the film.n her final release of the year, she voiced Goldilocks in the DreamWorks animated film Puss in Boots: The Last Wish.
Florence Pugh will produce and star in the film A Good Person. Pugh will play Communist Party USA member Jean Tatlock in the biographical film Oppenheimer, written and directed by Christopher Nolan.
Florence Pugh is also attached to play Princess Irulan in Dune: Part Two, as well as co-produce and play Cathy Ames in a limited series adaption of John Steinbeck’s novel East of Eden. Pugh is attached to appear in the science fiction film Dolly and a film adaption of the novel The Maid by Nita Prose.
Florence Pugh Filmography
- In 2014, she filmed in The Falling.
- In 2015, she filmed in Paradise Lost?
- In 2016, she filmed in Lady Macbeth.
- In 2018, she filmed in The Commuter, Outlaw King, Malevolent, and Leading Lady Parts.
- In 2019, she filmed in Fighting with My Family, In the Time It Takes to Get There, Midsommar, and Little Women.
- In 2020, she filmed in Father of the Bride Part 3 (ish).
- In 2021, she filmed in Black Widow.
- In 2022, she filmed in Don’t Worry Darling, The Wonder, and Puss in Boots: The Last Wish.
- In 2023, she filmed in A Good Person, Oppenheimer, and Dune: Part Two.
Florence Pugh Television
- In 2015, she worked in Studio City.
- In 2016, she worked in Marcella.
- In 2018, she worked King Lear and The Little Drummer Girl.
- In 2021, she worked Hawkeye.
- In 2022, she worked in Running Wild with Bear Grylls.
Florence Pugh’s Net Worth
Florence Pugh’s net worth is estimated at $8 million dollars. Her occupation is a famous English actress. Also, Florence Pugh worked in so many TV shows and films and earned from them. Her annual salary is $700,000 as of December 2022.
Florence Pugh Social Handles
- Instagram: florencepugh
- Twitter: Florence_Pugh
- Youtube: Florence Pugh
Florence Pugh Amazing Facts
- Pugh performed cover songs under the name Flossie Rose on YouTube from 2013 to 2016.
- She featured on her brother’s song “Midnight”, released on 15th May 2021.
- she partook in the series Acting for a Cause for a live reading of Kenneth Lonergan’s play This Is Our Youth to help raise funds for the Entertainment Industry Foundation, a nonprofit organization, during the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020.
- She was included in the entertainment category of Forbes magazine’s annual 30 Under 30 list, which recognizes the 30 most influential people in Europe under the age of 30, in 2019.
- From 2019 to 2022, she was in a relationship with American actor and filmmaker Zach Braff.
- Florence Pugh has been nominated for an Academy Award as well as two BAFTA Awards.
- Florence Pugh garnered an Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actress and a BAFTA Award nomination for Best Actress in a Supporting Role.
- She was nominated for a Gotham Award in the Best Actress category for her role in Midsummer.
- Florence Pugh was awarded the Trophée Chopard, which is given by a jury of professionals to young actors to recognize and encourage their careers at the 2019, Cannes Film Festival.
- She enjoys collecting snails.
Read other Biographies Below: