Dr Naresh Trehan is India’s famous cardiovascular, cardiothoracic and heart surgeon. Dr Naresh Trehan is the chairman, managing director and Chief cardiac surgeon of MedantaTM-The Medicity. He was received many big awards like Padma Shri, Padma Bhushan, Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award, and Dr. B.C. Roy Award. Also, he served as personal surgeon to the India President since 1991. Check more details about Wiki, Age, Education, Wife, Family, Net Worth, Biography, Facts & More.
Dr. Naresh Trehan was born on 12th August 1946 (Age 75 years; As in 2021) in Batala, Punjab, in British India. He was born into high class caste family. His zodiac sign is Leo. His religion is Hinduism. His nationality is Indian.
Since, childhood he is a big dreamer and do it. Dr Naresh Trehan father and mother both was specialist doctors at the time of British India.
He did his schooling from Modern School, Barakhamba Road of New Delhi and he completed his high school and secondary education from same school.
Thereafter, Dr Naresh Trehan completed his MBBS from King George’s Medical College, Lucknow in 1968.
After one year he moved to Philadelphia, United States and became first year resident at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.
In 1977, he was the diplomate in the American Board of Surgery, U.S.A and also diplomate in the American Board of Cardiothoracic Surgery in 1979. He was one of the best educated doctors and physicians of India.
Dr Naresh Trehan got specialization and expertise on Cardiothoracic Surgery, Cardiovascular Surgery, Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery and Heart Transplant.
Height: 5′ 8″ inch
Weight: 65 Kg
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Grey White
Skin Colour: Fair
Family & Wife
Dr. Naresh Trehan is the only child of his parents. His father was an ENT specialist and mother is a famous gynaecologist, both are doctors and practised in Lyallpur in British India Sri Hargobindpur, Batala, Punjab. Dr Naresh Trehan is married to a journalist and writer wife Madhu Trehan in September 1969.
Both of them are happily married couple. They have two daughters.
Dr Naresh Trehan started his career as a surgeon he moved to USA in November 1969 and practice in Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia. He was practice at New York University Medical Center Manhattan USA about 17 years. And after gaining the experience he was moved back to India.
In 1988, Dr Naresh Trehan was started Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre and he is the founder, director of this hospital but later acquired by Fortis.
He was also worked as a surgeon in Apollo Hospital in New Delhi. In 2003, he was the idea to open big heart institute for India citizens for open heart surgeries.
Then Dr Naresh Trehan, started the venture of Medanta hospital at Gurgaon, Haryana and complete established in 2009.
Medanta-The Medicity is built in 43 acres, has 1250 beds in hospital with 350 critical beds and also clinical research centre and world class training center for best surgeons and doctors.
Dr Naresh Trehan is the founder chairman of Medanta – The Medicity provides largest multi-speciality hospital with a net worth of Rs 785 Crores. His hospital Medanta combines with modern medicine with traditional medicine and holistic therapies.
And at present, Dr Naresh Trehan is the renowned best open heart surgeon at the global level.
Dr Naresh Trehan Views
“Medicine is a business with a soul. Good medicine can do good business. But good business may not make good medicine.”
Memberships & Certifications
Dr. Naresh Trehan got many institutes memberships and certifications from all over the world are:
- He is the ex-president of the International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery.
- He is the member of Society of Thoracic Surgeons of U.S.A.
- He is the member of the Scientific Council of the American College of Angiology U.S.A.
- He is the member of Board of Directors of the International Society for Minimally Invasice Cardiac Surgery.
- He is the member of the Editorial Board of the Journal “Heart Surgery Forum”.
- He is the Council member of Association of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgeons of Asia.
- He is the member of the European Association for Cardio-thoracic Surgery.
- He is the chairman of Confederation of Indian Industries-Healthcare Industry Committee.
- He is the President of Indian Health Care Federation.
- He is the member of Key Advisory Group of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
- He is the vice chairman of Services Export Promotion Council.
- He is the member of Task Force on Skill Development of 11th Five Year Plan of Planning Commission.
- He is the member of Governing Council TIFAC.
- He is the member of Institute body of Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences.
- He is the member of Governing Council of Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiology.
Awards & Honor
In our life Dr. Naresh Trehan got many awards and honors are:
- In 1991, Padma Shri by the Government of India.
- In 1995, Rajiv Gandhi National Unity Award and India International Gold Award.
- In 1996, Rotary Ratna Award.
- In 2001, AMA Physician’s Recognition Award and Padma Bhushan by Government of India.
- In 2002, Life Time Achievement Award and FRACS (Honor).
- In 2004, Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award.
- In 2005, Dr. B.C. Roy National Award by Medical Council of India.
- In 2017, India Today magazine ranked him on 35th in India’s 50 Most powerful people.
Net Worth & Salary
Dr. Naresh Trehan is a famous and renowned best surgeon of India. His hospital Medanta in Gurgaon net worth income is Rs. 785 Crores as per the media sources. And he is the best experience holder as a cardiovascular surgeon in India. Also, he is listed as the India’s 3rd richest doctor in India 2021. We must assumed his net worth income because he don’t disclose any information about his net worth and salary.
But Dr Naresh Trehan invest his money to creating big ventures like Escorts Heart Institute and Medanta – The Medicity.
Dr Naresh Trehan earns fees income 10-12 Lakhs for one open heart surgery. His net worth is approx Rs. 100+ Crores as per his investments in big ventures and opening new branches of Medanta in India. Also, Dr Naresh Trehan paid highest income tax in India’s top surgeons list.
Amazing Facts of Dr Naresh Trehan
- Dr Naresh Trehan has 43 years of practice in his profession as best surgeons at global level.
- Dr Naresh Trehan is the India’s renowned heart surgeon.
- In his childhood he worked with only left handed but due to stigma, his hindi subject teacher broke his left hand to force to write with the right hand.
- He has been awarded the highly prestigious Padma Bhushan and the Padma Shri by the Government of India.
- Dr Naresh Trehan has five decades of experience in the field of cardiovascular surgery.
- He performed total 50000 open heart surgeries in our career.
- He held many big clinical positions at New York University Medical Center, Bellevue Hospital and Veterans Administration Hospital.
- Dr Naresh Trehan is the founder of Escorts Heart Institute later acquired by Fortis.
- He was also worked many years at Apollo Hospital in New Delhi.
- He has over 350 scientific publications on his career experience.
- He shares our views of COVID-19 pandemic.
You can also read many big powerful Surgeons Biographies like AIIMS Director Dr Randeep Guleria.