Dr Ashok Rajgopal is renowned famous India’s Orthopaedic surgeon and knee replacement surgery specialist. Dr Ashok Rajgopal was awarded the fourth highest civilian award Padma Shri by Indian government. He is the best and one of the most experienced orthopaedic surgeon in India. Check all the details about Dr Ashok Rajgopal Wiki, Age, Education, Wife, Family, Net Worth, Biography, Facts & More.
Dr Ashok Rajgopal was born on 30th September 1953 (Age 68 years; As in 2021) in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India. His zodiac sign is Libra. His religion is Hinduism. His nationality is Indian.
He is expert in Knee surgery, Joint replacement surgery, Arthroscopic surgery and Arthroplastic surgery.
He did his schooling from local school of Bengaluru. Afterthat, he did MBBS from Armed Forces Medical College, Pune University in 1974.
Thereafter, he did M.S. Orthopaedic from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi in 1979.
And also he did M.Ch. (Ortho) from University of Liverpool in 1983.
Later, he did Fellowship of International Medical Sciences Academy – FIMSA in 1996 and Fellowing of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (FRCS) in 2010.
Height: 6′ 0″ inch
Weight: 70 Kg
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black (Semi Bald)
Skin Colour: Fair
Family & Wife
Dr Ashok Rajgopal don’t disclose any information about her parents, family, wife and children. No sources on internet will find about his family information.
In 1975, Dr Ashok Rajgopal started his career from internship at Central Hospital of Northern Railways, New Delhi after he worked at AIIMS on junior post, thereafter one year he worked as senior post at Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi.
Till 1985, he was continued his higher studies from practiced as a surgeon at the Ormskirk General Hospital, Lancashire.
Afterthat, he was moved back to India and started privately orthoapedic practice as a senior consultant doctor at Sehgal Neurological Research Institute, also at Moolchand Hospital both in New Delhi.
Dr Ashok Rajgopal was joined Sitaram Bhartia Institute of Science and Research in 1996.
After many years of practised as senior consultant as orthopaedic surgeon he joined Fortis Hospital and worked as Director of Orthopaedic till 2009.
In October 2009, he joined Medanta – The Medicity, Gurgaon multi speciality hospital and appointed as the chairman of the Bone and Joint Institute.
After 7 years working in Medanta, he joined Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon and Fortis Escorts, Okhla as Executive Director and Chairman in July 2016.
Later, in March 2019, Dr Ashok Rajgopal is the group chairman of Medanta – The Medicity Institute of Musculoskeletal Disorderes and Orthopaedics.
Memberships & Certifications
In our profession Dr Ashok Rajgopal is member of many high association are:
- He is member of Indian Orthopaedic Association.
- He is member of Indian Arthroplasty Association.
- He is founder, vice president and former president of Indian Hip and Knee society.
- He is member of Indian Arthroscopy Association.
- He is member of The International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine (ISAKOS).
- He is permanent member of General Medical Council (UK).
- He is member of Indian Association of Sports Medicine.
- He is the chairman of Joint Replacement State of Art.
Awards & Honors
In our career as big Orthopaedic surgeon of India he received many awards and honors :
- In 2016, Lifetime Achievement Award, Alumni Association of Sancheti Institutes, Pune.
- In 2016, Life time award, APAS (Asia Pacific Arthroplasty Society).
- In 2014, Dr. BC Roy award “To recognize the best talents in encouraging the development of specialities in different branches of Medicine”.
- In 2012, Padma Shri award for recognition of surgical excellence and contribution to the field of Orthopaedics, 2014.
- Vishishita Chikitsa Ratan Award.
- In 2008, Bharat Shiromani Award for professional excellence in the field of Orthopaedics.
- In 2004, Distinguished Service Award – Delhi Doctor Association.
- In 2002, Knee Ratna Award, IMA, New Delhi.
Net Worth & Salary
Dr Ashok Rajgopal not disclosed his net worth on any media sources. But Dr Ashok Rajgopal is expert in India’s best orthopaedic surgeon and he got the 43 years of experience in his profession. So, if we assume as his experience in his field his net worth is approx Rs. 100+ Crores as per his work in knee replacement surgery. If we assume his monthly salary income that he must earns Rs. 40 – 50 Lakhs. He is the head of Knee surgery in Medanta – The Medicity. Dr Ashok Rajgopal is the group chairman of Institute of Musculoskeletal Disorders and Orthopaedics and his one knee replacement fees Rs. 1.5 Lakh to 2.3 Lakhs.
Amazing Facts of Dr Ashok Rajgopal
- He is the most experienced orthopaedic surgeon with near about to 20,000 Arthroscopic surgery and over 35,000 total Knee Arthroplasty surgeries.
- Dr Ashok Rajgopal has 43 years of experience as best orthopaedic surgeon.
- His orthopaedic surgery success rate is high in hip and joint replacement surgeries.
- In Arpil 1987, he is pioneered surgeon of Bilateral knee replacement surgery in India.
- In March 2002, he started and introduced minimally invasive knee surgery.
- He is launching special instruments and use during the surgery.
- Dr Ashok Rajgopal is actively involved in research and designing of knee implants.
- He launched personalised knee replacement system on 3rd Sep, 2013.
- Dr Ashok Rajgopal was appointed as honorary surgeon of former Indian President KR Narayanan.
- He do knee surgery of many sport persons like Pullela Gopichand, badminton player, Chen Hong.
- He is the speaker at several international and national conferences like Harvard Knee Course in 2013.
- Also, he trained many young Orthopaedic surgeons from all over the world.
- Dr Ashok Rajgopal is in the board of Knee Surgery Sports Traumatology and Arthroscopy and reviewer of British Volumne journals of Orthopaedic Surgery.
You can also read many big powerful Surgeons Biographies like AIIMS Director Dr Randeep Guleria, Dr Naresh Trehan, Dr Ramakanta Panda.