Nicholas Pooran is a Trinidad cricketer (batsman and wicketkeeper) on the West Indies team. Nicholas is a left-handed batsman and the youngest cricketer to have played in the Caribbean Premier League (CPL). Check all the details below about Nicholas Pooran Wiki, Age, Height, Family, Girlfriend, Wife, Biography & More.
Nicholas Pooran was born on Monday 2nd October 1995 (Age: 27 years; As of 2022) in Couva, Trinidad, Trinidad, and Tobago. His zodiac sign is Libra. His hometown is in Couva, Trinidad.
Nicholas’s nationality is Trinidadian. He follows Christianity (religion). Nicholas’s hobbies are traveling, swimming, and listening to music. His profession is a cricketer.
Nicholas Pooran completed his graduation from Naparima College, San Fernando, Trinidad, and Tobago.
Height: 5′ 8″ inches
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Girlfriend & Wife
Nicholas Pooran was born into a Trinidad family.
Nicholas doesn’t disclose any information about his parents. But, he has one sister. Nicholas’s girlfriend Alyssa Miguel (aka Kathrina Miguel).
And also, Nicholas proposed to Alyssa Miguel for marriage.
On 30th May 2021, Nicholas Pooran married to Kathrina Miguel (wife).
In 2013, Nicholas made his List A debut for Trinidad & Tobago against the Windward Islands at Kingstown. He got selected to play for West Indies Team in 2016. Nicholas made his T20 International debut against Pakistan in Dubai.
In 2017, IPL team Mumbai Indians bought him at a base price of Rs. 30 lakhs for the 2017 Indian Premier League auction.
But unfortunately, Nicholas did not play a single match in IPL 2017.
Nicholas was selected to play for the Islamabad United, Pakistan Super League (PSL), as the replacement of “Ben Duckett” in 2017.
In 2018, he was named among the B Team squad of West Indies for the Global T20 Canada tournament. Also, he was named to the team of Sylhet Sixers team for the 2018-19 Bangladesh Premier League.
In the 2019 IPL auction Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) bought him at a price of Rs. 4.2 Crores in 2018 for the 2019 IPL auction.
He got famous in public in IPL 2020, while playing for the Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) against the Rajasthan Royals he saved a massive hit from Sanju Samson from going over the boundary line for a six.
- Nicholas Pooran was banned for 10 months by the West Indian Cricket Board after he was signed by the Khulna Titans in the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) in 2016.
- Nicholas Pooran was caught in the ball-tempering act during the third ODI between West Indies and Afghanistan in November 2019.
Net Worth & Salary
Nicholas Pooran’s net worth is estimated to be in Crores. His salary is Rs. 4.2 Crore per year in IPL. Nicholas is a good left-handed batsman and wicketkeeper.
He lives a lavish lifestyle in Trinidad. Also, Nicholas earns a good amount of money from big brand campaigns.
Cricketers: MS Dhoni and AB de Villiers
Fashion Brand: Gucci
Amazing Facts of Nicholas Pooran
- He is a non-vegetarian.
- Nicholas Pooran met with a car accident in 2015 and Nicholas was not able to play cricket for 18 months because of severe ankle and knee injuries.
- Nicholas Pooran drinks alcohol.
- He used to play on the School cricket team.
- Nicholas Pooran applauds for IPL 2020 brilliant fielding performance not only by cricket fans but also by former cricketers and even film stars. Sachin Tendulkar tweeted on Twitter to laud Pooran’s effort. Sachin Tendulkar termed his fielding effort the best save that he ever witnessed in his cricketing career, Sachin tweeted,
“This is the best save I have seen in my life. Simply incredible!!”
- Nicholas’s domestic cricket jersey number is 14,29,39 and West Indies jersey number 8.
- Nicholas played for many state/domestic teams like Barbados Tridents, Islamabad United, Khulna Titans, Multan Sultans, Mumbai Indians, St. Kitts, and Nevis Patriots, Trinidad & Tobago, Trinidad & Tobago Red Steel.
- His first International Debut of T20 is on 23rd September 2016 against Pakistan in Dubai.
- His first International Debut of ODI is on 20th February 2019 against England at Bridgetown.
Read other Biographies Below: