Lovlina Borgohain is an Indian young boxer who won many medals in World Boxing Championships and also famous for first woman from Assam state to qualify for the Olympics. She won 4 bronze medals in International boxing, 1 gold and 1 silver in National boxing. Lovlina Borgohain Wiki, Age, Height, Education, Religion, Family, Sisters, Profile, Biography & More.
Lovlina Borgohain was born on Thursday 2nd October 1997 (Age: 23 years; As in 2021) in Golaghat, Assam, India. Her zodiac sign is Libra. Her nationality is Indian. Her religion is Hinduism. Her birthplace and hometown is Golaghat district of Assam. Her profession is Boxing.
She trained at Barpathar Girls High School by mentor coach Padum Boro, Shiv Singh and later coached by Sandhya Gurung. Her club name SAI Training Center. Her stance is Orthodox.
She completed her secondary education from Barpathar Girls High School in Golaghat, Assam. Thereafter, she focused on her boxing only to boost her career as a boxer champion.
Height: 5′ 10″ inch
Weight: 70 Kg (approx)
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Figure Measurements: 32-28-32
Family & Husband
She was born into Assamese family. Her father Tiken is small scale businessman and mother Mamoni Borgohain, housewife. She has two elder sisters Licha and Lima both completed national level kickboxing but don’t pursue. She is unmarried and still single at present.
She started her professional career in 2012, she won Indian Women’s Junior National Championship in 70kg category at first place. In 2013, she participated in Nations Women’s Junior Cup at second place. In 2014, she participated in Nations Women’s Youth Cup and placed third position.
Thereafter, he participated in Golden Gloves of Vojvodina Youth Memorial Tournament and placed third position. In 2015, she contested again Nations Women’s Youth Cup and placed second position.
Thereafter, she participated in AIBA Women’s Youth World Boxing Championship and lost match in first round. Afterthat, she participated in Indian Women’s National Championship and placed on 11th position in 75 kg category.
In 2016, she participated in Indian Women’s Regional Championship at first position in 69 kg category. In 2017, she participated in Republic of Kazakhstan President’s Cup at third place, Indian Women’s National selection trials at first place, and ASBC Asian Confederation Women’s Boxing Championship at 3rd place with bronze medal.
In 2018, her career biggest break when she was selected in Commonwealth Games welterweight boxing category but she lost in the quarterfinals at fifth position. In June 2018, she also won silver medal at Ulaanbaatar Cup in Mongolia and bronze medal in Poland.
She also won bronze medal at AIBA Women’s World Boxing Championship in 2018. In 2019, she selected in AIBA Women’s World Boxing Championship in Russia and won bronze medal defeated Yang Liu.
In 2020, she selected in playing Olympics in the 2020 Asia & Oceania Boxing Olympic Qualification Tournament.
In 2020, she selected in Tokyo Olympics and defeated boxer Nadine Apetz and assured bronze medal but continued for silver and gold.
- On 29th August 2020, she received India’s highest sports honour Arjuna Award by Indian President Ramnath Kovind.
Lovlina Borgohain Social Media Handles
Amazing Facts About Lovlina Borgohain
- She is influenced by her father to join boxing.
- Her boxing idol is Muhammad Ali.
- Her hobby is to travel beautiful destinations and watching television in free time.
- She trained 13 hours in a week for boxing.
- Her number of bouts in boxings is 85.
- She started her boxing career in 2011.
- She is the second boxer after Shiva Thapa from Assam to represent India in boxing championships.
- Her father is struggled and support financially to continue boxing.
- In 2017, she won her life first international bronze medal in Vietnam.
- In 2018, she won first international gold medal in Indian Open.
- In an interview, while taking about Lovlina’s height, her father said,
Since she has always been very tall, her friends in school used to make fun of her but it’s her height that has helped her become the boxer she is today, and hopefully, she will win a medal in Australia.
- She like cats and keeps posting her pictures with cats on her social media account.
- She workout daily to maintain her body physical fitness.
- She does meditation to maintain her mental balance and talking about in interview, she said,
I had prepared very well, be it technique or fitness, going into that event. And when I lost it was mentally draining for me. Only after that did I realize that physical prowess was not all that mattered. Playing a big tournament brings with it a lot of stress and I become aware of the phychological aspects of the sport. I took to meditation to improve my psyche and it also helped me strategize in between bouts. I started performing better after that.
- After got the ticket to Tokyo Olympics 2020, the chief minister of Assam Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma congratulates her and tweeted,
A matter of great joy and pride for us as @LovlinaBorgohai becomes the first woman pugilist from Assam to qualify for the #Olympics. My heartiest congratulations to you Lovina. Yo have our fines wishes fo the big moment. May you continue to shine and succeed.
- On her left forearm, she made a Olympics logo tattoo.
Read Other Biographies