Sanjay Raut is an Indian politician of the Maharashtra Shiv Sena Party. Also, Sanjay Raut is a Rajya Sabha member and the spokesperson of the Shiv Sena party. He is also the executive editor of Shiv Sena’s political Marathi newspaper “Saamana” published by Uddhav Thackeray (Shiv Sena Party leader). Check all the details below about Sanjay Raut Wiki, Age, Height, Caste, Family, Wife, Net Worth, Biography & More.
Sanjay Raut was born on Wednesday 15th November 1961 (Age: 61 years; As in 2022) in Alibag, Maharashtra, India. His nationality is Indian and his zodiac sign is Scorpio. His hometown is in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Sanjay Raut follows Hinduism (religion). His occupation is a Politician, Journalist, Writer, and Film producer.
Sanjay Raut pursued a Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) in graduation from Dr. Ambedkar College of Commerce and Economics (Mumbai University) in Wadala, Mumbai.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″ inches
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste, & Wife
Sanjay Raut was born in the Somvanshi Kshatriya Pathare Caste Hindu family of Maharastra. His father name is Rajaram Raut and mother name Savita Rajaram Raut. Sanjay Raut’s younger brother, Sunil Raut is also a politician of the Maharashtra Shiv Sena Party. Sanjay Raut married Varsha Raut (wife) on 16th February 1993.
His wife is a school teacher. They have two daughters, Purvashi Raut and Vidhita Raut.
In 2000, Sanjay Raut started his political career and was first elected to the Rajya Sabha from Maharashtra. In 2005, Sanjay was appointed as a leader of Shiv Sena.
From October 2005 – May 2009, he was also a member of the Committee on Home Affairs and the Consultive Committee for the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
In 2010, Sanjay was re-elected to Rajya Sabha for a second term Maharashtra government. Also, Raut was appointed a Member of the Committee on Consumer Affairs, Food, Public Distribution, and the Consultive Committee for the Ministry of Power.
Sanjay Raut was re-elected to Rajya Sabha from the third term Maharashtra government in 2016.
- On 20th November 2012, following the arrestment of Mumbai after the death of Bal Thackeray, two women were arrested for a Facebook comment against the arrest. The women were 21 times old, and one of them had reflected on a post and the other woman had liked the comment. After the arrest, Raut said that the Shiv Sena supports the arrest of the women as their comment would have led to a law and order situation. Sanjay Raut faced a lot of backslash for this statement.
- On 13th April 2015, several people and political parties indicted Sanjay Raut for trying to aggrandize collaborative pressure. The blameworthiness came after a composition in Saamana( Shiv Sena’s prophet) written by Sanjay Raut stated that the voting right of Muslims should be abandoned to ensure that they weren’t used for vote bank politics. numerous people said that they were shocked to hear such a thing in a country like India which is a popular country and not a Talibani state.
- On 24th August 2017, Sanjay Raut hovered Naypadmasagarji Maharajsahed( Jain monk) by filing a complaint against him for violating the bean law of conduct, calling him a terrorist, and comparing him to the Islamic Preacher Zakir Naik. His statements came after Naypadmasagarji Maharajsahed prompted the Jain community to support the BJP and move towards a meat–free society. The All India Jain Minority Cell blamed Sanjay Raut’s statement and said that they were extremely sad and offended by his reflections.
- On 15th April 2019, he created a contestation during a Ram Navami function when he said” There’s always a fear of the law of conduct. still, to hell with the law! We’re the kind of people who would conclude to say whatever is in our hearts and mind rather than getting suffocated. Counteraccusations of the model law of conduct will be taken care of”.
- On 25th October 2019, when the Maharashtra Assembly Election results were blazoned and it showed a dip in BJP’s figures, Sanjay Raut twittered a picture of a barracuda wearing a timepiece charm( NCP’s party symbol) and smelling a lotus flower( BJP’s party symbol). Sanjay Raut identified the picture-as” Bura Na Mano Diwali Hai.” still, members of the BJP said that the picture was in bad taste.
व्यंग चित्रकाराची कमाल!
बुरा न मानो दिवाली है.. pic.twitter.com/krj2QAnGmB
— Sanjay Raut (@rautsanjay61) October 25, 2019
- After the death of Bollywood celebrity Sushant Singh Rajput, a part passed between Sanjay Raut and Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut. The entire row was initiated after Kangana nominated Mumbai unsafe following Rajput’s death on 14th June 2020. Following her comment, the state‘s home minister Anil Deshmukh said she had no right to say in Mumbai. latterly, Kangana indicted Sanjay Raut of hanging her and remarked” why is Mumbai feeling like Pakistan- enthralled– Kashmir”. This comment further escalated between the Shiv Sena and Kangana Ranaut. Amid the growing row between Kangana Ranaut and the Maharashtra government, the Central government sanctioned her” Y- plus” security cover.
Sanjay Raut’s house is in Maitri, Friends Colony, Bhandup, Mumbai
Assets/Properties (As in 2016)
- Cash: Rs. 17,271
- Bank Deposits: Rs. 8.16 Lacs
- Agricultural Land: 3 Lands worth Rs. 1.38 in Alibag, Maharashtra
- Residential Building: 1 Flat worth Rs. 2.32 Crores in Dadar, Mumbai
- Residential Building: 1 Flat worth Rs. 1.10 Crores in Goregaon, Mumbai
Net Worth & Salary
- Salary: Rs. 1 lakh + other allowances (As a Rajya Sabha member)
- Sanjay Raut’s net worth is Rs. 14.22 Crores (As of 2016)
Sanjay Raut owns a Hyundai Accent (2004 model).
Amazing Facts of Sanjay Raut
- He is a non-vegetarian.
- Sanjay Raut’s hobbies include social service, watching sports, and watching Bollywood movies.
- Raut also gave the idea for Bal Thackeray’s biopic. “Thackeray” film is the biopic of Bal Thackeray, and it starred Bollywood actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui, who played the role of Bal Thackeray, and Amrita Rao playing the role of Mina Thackeray.
- Sanjay Raut is the writer of Bal Thackeray’s biopic film “Thackeray”.
- Once, in a media interview about Bal Thackeray biopic movie, Uddhav Thackeray said-
“Sanjay Raut is the most appropriate person to make a film on Balasaheb Thackeray. He has not only seen Balasaheb closely but knew his thoughts and views.”
- In “Saamana”, he has been writing articles for 15 years.
- Sanjay Raut is very close to Bal Thackeray.
- Sanjay Raut is considered to be a close friend of Uddhav Thackeray.
- In a media interview, when Sanjay was asked why did he choose Nawazuddin Siddiqui to play the role of Bal Thackeray, he said,
“It did not take me even five minutes to finalize him as no one can portray the role better than him”
- In November 2019, after the Maharashtra Assembly choices, the Shiv Sena and the BJP weren’t suitable to decide on the conformation of the government, the seat- participating formula, and the appointment of the coming Chief Minister of Maharashtra. Sanjay, the prophet of the Shiv Sena, raised his opinion against the BJP and said that the Chief Minister of Maharashtra will be from the Shiv Sena, and if the BJP would not agree, the Shiv Sena had other options to form the government and install a Shiv Sainik as the coming Chief Minister of Maharashtra.
Read other Biographies Below: