Jitin Prasada is an Indian Politician and former Minister of State for Human Resource Department. Currently On 9th June 2021, Jitin Prasada joins Bharatiya Janata Party and quits Congress party. He is the Lok Sabha member from district Lakhimpur Kheri, Uttar Pradesh in 15th Lok Sabha. Check all the details about Jitin Prasada Wiki, Age, Caste, Wife, Family, Net Worth, Contact Number, Biography & More.
Jitin Prasada was born on 29th November, 1973 (Age 48 years; As in 2021) in Shahjahanpur, Uttar Pradesh. His full name is Jitin Prasada. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius. Jitin Prasada caste is Hindu Brahmin. His nationality is Indian. His religion is Hinduism. His profession is Agriculturist.
He did his schooling from boarding school The Doon School in Dehradun. Thereafter, he completed bachelors degree in commerce from Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi University and after that did his master’s MBA from IMI, New Delhi.
Height: 5′ 10″ inch
Weight: 65 Kg
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Skin Colour: Fair
Family & Wife
He was born into a Hindu Brahmin family. His great grandfather Jwala Prasad was a Colonial Civil Service Officer and great grandmother name Purnima Devi, the youngest daughter of Hemendranath Tagore brother of Rabindranath Tagore. His grandfather Jyoti Prasad was a Congress party member and held MLA position.
His grandmother Pamela Prasad is from Sikh family of Kapurthala. Jitin Prasada son of Jitendra Prasad, who was also Uttar Pradesh politician and his mother name is Kanta Prasad, a housewife. He has one sibling his sister Kumari Janhavi Prasada. On 14th Feb 2010, he is married to Neha Seth, both were happily married couple.
He started his career as joining the Congress party as general secretary in 2001. Later, he won his first election of MP in the 14th Lok Sabha from Shahjahanpur district of Uttar Pradesh and his hometown. He was the youngest Minister of State for Steel in the Cabinet of 2008.
Thereafter, he won the election from Dhaurara, Uttar Pradesh in 2009. He promised to his voting public of getting the Meter gauge railway track of district Lakhimpur Kheri during the parliamentary elections. Afterthat, he held many positions like member of Committee on Petitions, member of Committee on Information Technology and Communications, Consultative Committee, and Ministry of Civil Aviation and the Ministry of Steel.
He was appointed as Union Minister of State and Petroleum and Natural Gas in May 2009. On 19th Jan 2011, he was appointed State Road Transport and Highways minister. On 28th Oct 2012, he was appointed as Human Resource Development minister. He was appointed as the in-charge for West Bengal elections for Congress in 2021.
Afterthat, he joined the BJP party on 9th June, 2021.
Jitin Prasada has net worth of Rs. 20+ Crore. His total assets in 2011 worth Rs. 1.5+ Crore and his liablities are Nil. His net worth is more because of his family background is powerful and he is also held many positions as State Minister of Uttar Pradesh many times.
Address & Contact Number
Permanent Address: Prasada Bhawan, Khirni Bagh, Shahjahanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
Present Address: 19, Teen Murti Lane, New Delhi – 110011
Contact Number: 09415062341
Social Handles of Jitin Prasada
Amazing Facts of Jitin Prasada
- He won his first election as 15th Lok Sabha member by 1,84,509 votes.
- He was attented Doon School, Dehradun at the same time big politicians like Jyotiraditya Scindia, Kalikesh Narayan Singh Deo and Dushyant Singh also attended same school.
- His favorite hobbies is to reading, trying different cuisines of the world and interacting with friends.
- His favorite sports is horse riding, rafting, rowing, yatching and soccer.
- He is also member of India Habitat Center, Delhi and Boat House Club, Nainital.
- His special interests in wild life, bird watching and jungle safari.
- He visited many countries like Australia, Belgium, Canada, Germany, Kenya, Singapore, U.K. and U.S.A.
- He was interested in films and music and doing social work for women, youth and farmers.
- He was associated with “SRIJAN” Jitendra Prasada Foundation, Shahjahanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- He joined BJP party in the presence of senior BJP leader Piyush Goyal.