Chandrashekhar Azad Ravan is an Indian Lawyer revolve into Ambedkarite Dalit activist and a Politician. He is the co-founder, initiator and national president of Bhim Army. Check more details below about Chandrashekhar Azad Ravan Wiki, Age, Caste, Wife, Family, Net Worth, Biography & More.
Chandrashekhar Azad Ravan was born on 3rd December, 1986 (Age 35 years; As in 2021) in Ghadkauli, Chhutmalpur at Saharanpur area in Uttar Pradesh. His nickname is famous ‘Ravan’ in public.
His zodiac sign is Sagittarius. His religion is Hinduism. His nationality is Indian. Chandrashekhar Azad Ravan currently lives in his village Ghadkauli, Chhutmalpur.
He came to famous celebrity as a Dalit leader after a hoarding titled “The Great Chamars of Ghadkhauli Welcome You” was inserted by him on the borders of his village. Chandrashekhar Azad Ravan has established himself as Dalit icon and he is known for his style.
“Azad does something more: his style is ostentatious. It rejects docility, mimimalism and discretion. it’s not quietly elegant, but emphatically flamboyant. It flaunts Raybans alongside homespun, replaces hipster beards with the twirled tache. it’s azadi with swag.”
Chandrashekhar Azad Ravan is a law graduate from University of Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
Height: 5′ 9″ inch
Weight: 83 Kg
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Skin Colour: Fair
Family & Wife
Chandrashekhar Azad Ravan was born into a Dalit Scheduled Chamaar caste family. His father name is Govardhan Das, retired principal of government school. His mother name is Kamlesh Devi, a housewife.
Chandrashekhar Azad Ravan has two brothers, Bhagat Singh is elder brother and Kamal Kishor is younger brother.
His marital status is unmarried but he has a girlfriend not disclosed any information about her.
Chandrashekhar Azad Ravan started his career as a lawyer but after he turned into a Dalit activist for our peoples. His political career is started in 2014, when Chandrashekhar Azad Ravan and two other members Satish Kumar and Vinay Ratan Singh founded ‘Bhim Army’, an organization which works for the liberation of Dalits through education in India.
His Bhim Army runs free schools for Dalits in the Western Uttar Pradesh. In 2019, Chandrashekhar Azad Ravan planned to participate in election from Varanasi against BJP, but later he withdrew his offer to support Samajwadi Party and Bahujan Samaj Party to combine and prevent splitting of the Dalit vote in the constituency.
On 15th March, 2020, Chandrashekhar Azad Ravan formally launched an Indian political party named ‘Azad Samaj Party’ on the 86th Anniversary of Kashi Ram, the founder of the Bahujan Samaj Party. He created party to contest every seat in 2020 Bihar Legislative Assembly election.
Chandrashekhar Azad Ravan announced to join the Progressive Democratic Alliance led by Jan Adhikar Party (Loktantrik) of Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav with other local political parties to contest in Bihar assembly election 2020.
His party popularity comes from the Dalit and Scheduled Tribes. In 2020, Bihar assembly elections his party contested against the two grand alliances.
- The Saharanpur Police registered an F.I.R. against him for allegedly orchestrating violent protests in Saharanpur on 11th May, 2017. After the Allahabad High Court quashed all charges against him, he was booked under the National Security Act (NSA). Chandrashekhar was arrested on 9th June last year from Dalhousie in Himachal Pradesh by the UP Police, after he had gone underground. On 1st November 2018, after 15 months in jail, UP Government released him.
- On 21st December 2019, Chandrashekhar Azad Ravan was again arrested and lodged in Tihar jail in with the anti-CAA violence in Old Delhi’s Daryaganj. However, on 15th January 2020, The Tis Hazari court granted bail to Bhim Army Chief Chandrashekhar Azad Ravan. Additional Sessions Judge Kamini Lau granted the relief to Azad and put certain conditions on him. The judge granted the relief to Azad on furnishing a bail bond of Rs. 25,000. He was granted bail on the condition that he would not reside/hold protests in Delhi for the next four weeks owing to the upcoming Delhi elections. The court also said that Chandrashekhar Azad Ravan could not visit the Shaheen Bagh protest site.
- Chandrashekhar Azad Ravan was arrested in Hyderabad for his participation in two anti-CAA protests.
- Bhim Army chief Chandrashekhar Azad was among over 50 persons detained after clashes broke out between the police and many protesters in South Delhi’s Tughlaqabad on Wednesday evening where people were protesting the demolition of a temple.
- Chandrashekhar Azad Ravan was arrested along side 500 Bhim Army members for his protest against Hathras gangrape case. All of them were arrested under multiple sections of the IPC and Epidemic Diseases Act, for violation of Section 144 Code of Criminal Procedure in Hathras.
Chandrashekhar Azad Ravan not disclosed any information about his net worth but he is a politician and a lawyer by profession. So, his net worth is not any big amount.
Chandrashekhar Azad Ravan Social Handles
आजाद समाज पार्टी (कांशीराम) आईटी सेल के राष्ट्रीय संयोजक श्रद्धेय टी. एस. विजय जी नहीं रहे। उन्हें भावभीनी आदरांजलि। प्रकृति शोकाकुल परिवार को दुख सहने की शक्ति प्रदान करे। pic.twitter.com/PBoSEfBiEw
— Chandra Shekhar Aazad (@BhimArmyChief) May 20, 2021
Amazing Facts of Chandrashekhar Azad Ravan
- His hobby is reading, writing and travelling.
- He is a lawyer from Chhutmalpur, a village within the neighborhood of Shabbirpur in Saharanpur district.
- His big fame popularity comes from the Dalit and Scheduled tribes.
- In 2011, he planned to travel to the us for higher studies.
- In February 2021, the TIME magazine featured him in its Annual list of “100 emerging leaders who are shaping the future”.
- In 2015, he formed the Bhim Army Ekta Mission (in short, Bhim Army). the military claims to possess quite 50000 members.
- According to Chandrashekhar’s mother, the awakening inside him against Dalit atrocities was triggered when he heard of the discrimination of Dalit children by the upper caste Thakurs during a school near his village. The local Rajputs kicked up a storm about Dalit children studying alongside their own children. they might not allow the youngsters to travel to high school and thought of them ‘untouchables’.
- His favorite leader is B.R. Ambedkar.
- While attending his ailing father during a hospital in Saharanpur, he read news regarding Dalit’s atrocities and decided to become a “Dalit Activist”.
- His favorite Politician is Kanshi Ram.
- In 2016, Chandrashekhar Azad Ravan & his Bhim Army made headlines for the primary time once they wanted to place up a board that reads “The Great Chamaar” at the doorway of he village, and Thakurs had objected to the thought .
- In May 2017, Thakurs burnt some Dalit houses within the Shabbirpur village of Saharanpur following the complaints by Dalits over the loud music played by Thakurs during the Maharana Pratap Jayanti. Later, Dalits retaliated by burning down a police post in Saharanpur.
- On 21 May 2017, he organized a rally of Bhim Army supporters at the Jantar Mantar in New Delhi with none permission. The rally was attended by quite 5000 Bhim Army supporters.