Ketanji Brown Jackson is famous as the Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States. On 25th February 2022, Ketanji Brown Jackson is appointed to the Supreme Court by the President Joe Biden. Also, she was the US circuit judge of the US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia (2021-2022). Check all the details below about Ketanji Brown Jackson Wiki, Age, Height, Husband, Children, Family, Net Worth, Biography & More.
Ketanji Brown Jackson Wiki/Biography
Ketanji Brown Jackson was born on 14th September 1970 (Age: 52 years; As of 2022) in Washington D.C., United States. Her full real name is Ketanji Onyika Brown Jackson. Her nationality is American and her ethnicity is Black. Her occupation is a US Supreme Court Judge and also a lawyer. Her zodiac sign is Leo and follows Christianity (religion).
Ketanji Brown Jackson Educational Qualification
He completed his schooling at the Miami Palmetto Senior High School in 1988. After this, she joined Harvard University and completed her bachelor’s degree in Arts magna cum laude in 1992. After completed bachelor’s degree, Ketanji Brown Jackson attended Harvard Law School and completed Juris Doctor cum laude degree in Law in 1996.
Ketanji Brown Jackson Physical Stats
Height: 5′ 3 ” inches
Weight: 67 kg
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Shoe Size: 6 US
Ketanji Brown Jackson Family & Parents
Ketanji Brown was born into a high-rich class educated family in Washington D.C. She was grew up in Miami, Florida with her family. Her father’s name is Johnny Brown (Chieft attorney for the Miami-Dade Country School Board) and her mother name is Ellery Brown (School Principal at New World School of the Arts).
In her family, she has two uncles, her first uncle name is Thomas Brown Jr. (sentenced to life prison in cocaine case) and her second uncle name is Calvin Ross (Miami Police Chief).
Ketanji Brown Jackson Husband & Children
Ketanji Brown is married to Patrick Graves Jackson (husband) in 1996. Brown Jackson husband profession is a surgeon and her husband is relative of Jonathan Jackson (Continental Congree delegate) related to US Supreme Court Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
They have two children daughters, Leila and Talia. Her marital status is married and relationship status is committed.
Ketanji Brown Jackson Career & Profession
She started her career as a staff reporter and researcher for Time magazine from 1992-1993 in college days. During law school, she is appointed as a law clerk to judge Patti B. Saris of US District Court of Massachusetts and after this worked to judge Bruce M. Selya of the US Court of Appeals for the First Circuit.
After this one years, she spent on private practice of law at the Washington D.C. in the law firm of Miller Cassidy Larroca & Lein and after this she clerked for the US Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer (1999-2000). She has worked for many law firms like Goodwin Procter (2000-2002) and Kenneth Feinberg (2002-2003). After this in 2005, she was an assistant federal public defender and handled cases before the US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. During 2007-2010, she was an appeallate specialist in a private law firm Morrison & Foerster.
After this, she was appointed as a US Sentencing Commission vice chairperson and nominated by the former President of US Barack Obama from 2010-2014. After this, Brown Jackson also appointed as a District Court Judge on 20th September 2012 and her duration as District Court Judge end on 17th June 2021.
On 30th March 2021, she was appointed as the Circuit judge for the US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia. Her duration of Circuit judge is of 1 year. After this, she is nominated for the US Supreme Court Justice in 2022.
On 30th June 2022, she was appointed as the US Supreme Court Justice and becoming the first Black Women and the first former federal public defender.
Ketanji Brown Jackson Net Worth & Income
Ketanji Brown Jackson net worth is estimated about $5 million dollars. Ketanji Brown is a famous US Supreme Court Justice and attorney lawyer and according to his occupation and dedication of work, she earns very good income from his occupation. Also, she is living a joyful life with his family, husband and children in Miami, Florida.
Ketanji Brown Jackson Social Handles
Ketanji Brown Jackson Amazing Facts
- When she attended Miami Palmetto Senior High School, she won a national oratory championship in New Orleans.
- In her high school, she wanted to go into law and have a judicial appointment.
- When she studied at Harvard University, she performed improv comedy and took classes in drama.
- Ketanji Brown Jackson senior thesis at Harvard University titled “The Hand of Oppression : Plea Bargaining Processes and the Coercion of Criminal Denfendents”.
- During 1992-1993, she worked as a staff reporter and researcher for Time Magazine.
- In 1991, her uncle Thomas Brown Jr. was sentenced to life prison for a nonviolent coacine case of 14 kg wrapped in duct tape.
- Jackson Brown father and mother both were graduates of old black college and universities.
- She was sworn as the justice of the Supreme Court of the United States on 30th June 2022.
- In a 2017 speech, Brown Jackson said,
- “I am fairly certain that if you traced my family lineage back past my grandparents — who were raised in Georgia, by the way — you would find that my ancestors were slaves on both sides.”
- She is also the member of the Judicial Conference Committee on Defender Services, Harvard University Board of Overseers and the Council of the American Law Institute.
- She is a non-denominational protestant.
- Ketanji Brown Jackson is the first Black woman and the first ex-federal public defender appointed on the Supreme Court.
- She also presented 35th Edith House Lecture at the University of Georgia School of Law in 2017.
- Jackson Brown was honored at the University of Chicago Law School’s third annunal Judge Legacy Dinner hosted by the school’s Black Law Students Association.
- On 3rd October 2022, Brown Jackson participated in first oral argument as an associate justice in the Sackett v. Environmental Protection Agency case.
Read other Biographies Below: