Hilaree Nelson is a famous American Ski Mountaineer. On 25th May 2012, Hilaree Nelson is popular as the first female to summit two 8000-meter peaks in one 24-hour push. Also, Hilaree and his partner Jim Morrison made the first ski descent of the Dream Line. She was named as one of “The Most 25 Adventurous Women of the Past 25 Years” by Men’s Journal and also the National Geographics 2018 Adventurers of the Year. Check all the details below about Hilaree Nelson’s Wiki, Age, Height, Husband, Family, Nationality, Career, Net Worth, Biography & More.
Hilaree Nelson Wiki/Biography
Hilaree Nelson was born on 13th December 1972 (Age: 49 years; till death) in Seattle, United States. Her nationality is American and follows Christianity (religion). Her occupation is a Ski Mountaineer. Her residence is in Telluride, Colorado. On 26th September 2022, Hilaree fell into a 2,000 ft. crevasse while skiing with her partner, Jim Morrison, and was found dead on 28th September 2022. Her death reason is an accident during ski mountaineering in Nepal.
Hilaree Nelson Educational Qualification
She completed her schooling at the local private school in her town. After completing schooling, she joined a private college to complete her bachelor’s degree.
Hilaree Nelson Physical Stats
Height: 5′ 8″ inches (approx.)
Weight: 60 kg (approx.)
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Blonde
Hilaree Nelson Family & Husband
Hilaree was born into a middle-class family in Seattle. She doesn’t disclose her family members, parents, husband, and siblings.
According to the sources, she resides currently in Telluride, Colorado with family members.
Her marital status is married and a mother of two children also.
Hilaree Nelson Career
She started her career at the age of 3 and started skiing skied at Stevens Pass. During her whole career, she focused on ski mountaineer and received many accomplishments.
She is a National Geographic Explorers grant recipient and member of over 40 expeditions.
- Down to Nothing
- The Denali Experiment (2011, 15 min, directed by Jimmy Chin and Renan Ozturk)
- K2: The Impossible Descent (2020, 65 min)
Hilaree Nelson Missing (2022 Accident/Death)
On Monday 26th September 2022, Hilaree Nelson fell into a 2,000 ft. crevasse while skiing with her partner, Jim Morrison. This incident took place the down the summit of Mount Manaslu in Nepal near India. After the accident of Hilaree, initial rescue efforts were hampered due to bad weather. And Hilaree is missing as of 27th September 2022. Her dead body was found in Nepal on 28th September 2022.
Hilaree Nelson’s Net Worth
Hilaree Nelson’s net worth is estimated approx about $1 million dollars. She is a famous ski mountaineer and gets paid by famous brands and companies to promote her products in skiing. Hilaree earns a decent good income from her occupation and lives joyful life with her family members.
Hilaree Nelson Accomplishments
- First ski descent of the Dream Line (from the summit), Lhotse Couloir, Nepal, 2018
- First ski descent of Papursa Peak, India, 2017
- First female descent of Makalu La Couloir, Nepal, 2015
- First to ski all five “Holy Peaks”, Mongolian Altai
- First female to climb Everest and Lhotse in 24 hours, Nepal, 25 May 2012
- Skied from the summit of Cho Oyu, Tibet, 22 September 2005
- Skied from the summit of Denali, Messner Couloir, USA, 16 June 2011
- First female descent of Bubble Fun Couloir, Tetons, USA
- European Women’s Extreme Skiing Champion, 1996
Hilaree Nelson Social Handles
Hilaree Nelson Amazing Facts
- She is the current North Face Global Athletic Team Captain.
- Also, Hilaree was a team member on the 2012 Montana State University Everest Education Expedition.
- Hilaree’s writing has been featured in many publications like National Geographic Adventure, The Ski Journal, Outside Journal, etc.
Read other Biographies Below: