Sanjay Arora is an ITBP’s top officer and newly appointed Delhi Police Commissioner. Sanjay is currently working as the Director General of ITBP and also, and he is taking the charge of Delhi Police Commissioner on 1st August 2022. He is a 1989 batch IPS officer of Tamil Nadu Cadre. Check all the details below about Sanjay Arora’s IPS Wiki, Age, Family, Wife, Education, Biography & More.
Sanjay Arora was born around 1960 – 1965 (Age approx: 58-60 years) in Jaipur, Rajasthan, India. His nationality is Indian. He was appointed as a government officer (Professional IPS officer). His income source is only as a government employer.
Sanjay Arora did his schooling in Jaipur, Rajasthan. After completing schooling, he joined the Jaipur Malviya National Institute of Technology (JMNIT) to graduate with B.Tech as Electrical Engineer. After completing B.Tech, he started competition practice to crack an IPS officer rank.
Height: 5′ 11″ inches
Weight (approx): 80 kg
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Sanjay Arora didn’t disclose any information about his family. But his family resided in Jaipur.
Sanjay Arora started his career as a government-appointed IPS officer in the 1988 IPS batch of Tamil Nadu Cadre.
He was served in many government officer positions like Superintendent of Police (SP City) in Tamil Nadu cities and also he achieved great success against the Veerappan Gang as Special Task Force (SPF) and awarded the CM’s gallantry medal for his bravery and heroic action.
He is also appointed as the ITBP on deputation as a Commandant from 1997-2002 and commanded the border guarding ITBP battalion in Uttarakhand from 1997-2000.
Sanjay was appointed as Commissioner of Police at Coimbatore from 2002-2004 and also appointed as Deputy Inspector General of Police.
He was also appointed as the Additional Commissioner of Crime of Chennai city and promoted as the ADGP in Tamil Nadu Police. After this, he served in many IPS officer positions.
On 31st August 2021, Sanjay was appointed as DG of the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) top officer.
On 1st August, Sanjay Arora is appointed as the new Commissioner of Delhi Police.
- Police Medal for Meritorious Service in 2004.
- President’s Police Medal for Distinguished Service in 2014.
- Antrik Suraksha Padak and UN Peacekeeping Medal.
- Police Special Duty Medal.
- He was appointed to different positions in the Tamil Nadu Police.
- He achieved great success when he was the Superintendent Police officer of the Special Task Force (SPF) against the Virappan Gang. After this, Sanjay Arora was awarded by Gallantry Medal.
- Sanjay also trained in NSG in 1991, and his important contribution to the Special Security Group (SSG) for the protection of the Chief Minister against the LTTE.
Amazing Facts of Sanjay Arora
- On 1st July 2022, his last day in ITBP as an IPS officer, a ceremonial parade to bid farewell is being organized at the Parade ground New Police Lines at 4 PM.
- As per the official order, the competent authority has approved the inter-cadre deputation of Sanjay Arora for the AGMUT cadre.
- He was awarded many medals and achievements for his hard work.
- In 1991, Sanjay Arora completed his NSG training.
- He is counted among the best IPS officers for his bravery all over India.
- After his training was completed by NSG, Sanjay Arora had a pivotal role in forming SSG to provide security to the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu.
- Sanjay Arora has been in a golden age in his service around 25 years of experience as an IPS officer.
- Before Sanjay took the Delhi Police Commissioner position, Mr. Rakesh Asthan took charge of the Delhi Police Commissioner from Gujarat Cadre.
Read other Biographies Below: