Kelsey McEwen Wiki/BiographyKelsey McEwen was born on 14th March between 1994-1996 (Age: 30 years; As of 2023) in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. She is popular as the Chief Meteorologist at Bell Media. Her profession is journalism. Her zodiac sign is Pisces and her nationality is Canadian. Her ethnicity is White and follows Christianity (religion). Her current residence is in Toronto, Canada.
Kelsey McEwen Educational QualificationShe completed her schooling at the local school near the town. After completing schooling, she completed a course certificate from SAIT Polytechnic in 2011 for Radio, TV & Broadcast News, and Broadcast Journalism. After this, Kelsey attended Mississippi State University and completed her bachelor’s degree in Science-BS, Geological, and Earth Science/Geosciences. Kelsey is a professional Meteorologist.
Kelsey McEwen Height & Weight
- Height: 5′ 6″ inches
- Weight: 55 kg
- Eye Colour: Brown
- Hair Colour: Brown
- Hair Length: Fewer Hairs
- Shoe Size: 6 US (5 UK)
Kelsey McEwen Family & ParentsKelsey was born into a well-settled family to Canadian parents. She is the loving daughter of her parents. She doesn’t disclose the names and professions of her parents. But she shared her family photo on her social media handles. Kesley has an elder sibling brother in her family named Jared Writes (who works as a novelist). She shared that when she was a kid she always admired her elder brother. Kelsey’s brother learned acting when he was young. His brother also wrote a novel named “Of Dreams & Angels”. She also promoted her brother’s novel on her social media handles.
Kelsey McEwen Boyfriend, Husband & RelationshipsShe is a talented and hardworking meteorologist. Her relationship status is committed and her marital status is married. On 15th June 2012, Kelsey married to her husband Jay McEwen (working in Oil and Gas Industry for the last 13 years as Project Manager at PTW Energy Services). She also shared her marriage photos on her social media handles. She is the mother of three kids, two adorable sons Jack and Mattheus, and the youngest daughter Charlotte (born in May 2021). Kelsey has also a pet dog in the family named Thunder.
Kelsey McEwen Career & ProfessionShe started her career in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada as a news reporter at Global television in May 2011. After some time, Kelsey was promoted to weather specialist. After this, Kelsey joined the Weather Network for 11 months in September 2012, where she performed as Alberta Bureau Chief and a Weather reporter. After this, she started working for Bell Media in July 2013 and at present, she worked there for many years. She was also promoted at Bell Media from Weather specialist to Meteorologist and then Cheif Meteorologist. In June 2016, Kelsey co-host the Your Morning TV show on CTV. Her show premiered on weekdays on CTVs.
Kelsey McEwen ControversiesIn February 2023, she got backlash from her fans. Kelsey received many comments related to body shamers.
Someone commented on her Twitter Welcome back @KelseyMcEwen #WeatherGirl from @YourMorning,” the comment reads. “How come none of you cohorts haven’t told you #PantyLines #CamelToe #BubbleButt #RedIsNotYourFriend.After these types of comments, she did not keep her away and reverted to this person and replied something that put the body shamers in their place. Kelsey shared that she feels zero shame about her body.
She wrote Listen, I own my body, camel toel and bubble butt included, she penned. Your words bring me zero shame. Your feeling about my body and outfit are a problem, not a problem. And red? Red is [fire]. The only thing that isn’t my friend here is you.After her reply to this body shamer tweet, Kelsey defended herself and many followers of her praised her for sharing the right of body shamers.
Kelsey McEwen Salary & Net WorthKelsey McEwen’s salary is between $70k-$100k dollars and her net worth is $850k dollars. She is a famous journalist, broadcaster, weather anchor, meteorologist, and adventurer. Kelsey earns a good income from her journalism profession and also as a television show broadcaster. She lives joyfully with her husband and kids in Canada.
Kelsey McEwen Social Handles
Kelsey McEwen Amazing Facts
- Her brother won awards for his books and was also seen on the Oprah Winsey television show.
- She reported on the floods in Saskatchewan in 2011 and 2013.
- In 2017, she also received comments from body shamers when she was pregnant for wearing skin-tight clothes.
- Kelsey covered Toronto Santa Claus Parade in 2018 as a reporter.
- She cleared her mental issue by spending time with her family and friends.
- Kelsey’s husband previously worked as Maintenance Electrician at different private firms.
- She has not learned to swim.
- Kelsey worked as a volunteer for CARE Canada, the Alzheimer Society of Calgary, the Kids Help Phone, and Camp firefly.
- She faced mental issues like postpartum anxiety and depression when she delivered her first kid.
- Kelsey likes smoothies with peanut butter in her morning diet routine.
- Kelsey McEwen also performed duty as a volunteer with Pacekids and helped them in collecting funds.
- Kelsey is good at singing, piano, and book reading.
- In 2013, Kelsey also shared reports for many catastrophic events including Alberta Foods.
- Kelsey got an opportunity to interview astronauts Mr. Colonel Chris Hadfield, James, and Oliver Phelps as hosts at CTV.