Sharon Stone is an American actress, film producer, and former fashion model. Her full name is Sharon Vonne Stone. She is famous for her acting in the Hollywood films like ‘Basic Instinct’, ‘Casino’, ‘The Quick and The Dead’ and ‘Silver’.
She has a smart brave reported IQ of 154. She is a receiver of Primetime Emmy Award and a Golden Globe Award.
She also get the Hollywood Walk of Fame (1995) and Officer of the Order of Arts and Letters in France (2005). Check out below Sharon Stone Wiki, Biography, Age, Religion, Height, House, Family, Career & Net Worth.
Sharon Stone was born on March 10, 1958 (at 5:55 PM (EST)) in Meadville, Pennsylvania. She is 68 years old (As in 2021). Her nicknames is Sahron Stone and Sheron Stoun. Her religion is Christian. Her zodiac sign is Pisces. She is currently lived in West Hollywood, California, US.
She is academically gifted as a child and enter direct into the second grade when she was only 5 years old. She did her graduation from Saegertown High School in Saegertown, Pennsylvania (1995).
After that she attended Edinboro University of Pennsylvania, she won the title of Miss Crowford County. In one of the judges told her to quit school and go to New York City to start career as a fashion model. In 1977, She left Meadville and moved to New Jersey. She was signed by Ford Modelling Agency in New York.
Height: 5′ 8.5″
Weight: 62 Kg
Eye Colour: Blue
Hair Colour: Platinum blonde
Voice: Deep Sultry
Family & Relationships
Parents & Siblings
Her father name is Joseph William Stone II, a tool and die manufacturer; and factory worker. Her mother name is Dorothy Marie, an accountant. She has also an elder brother name Michael.
A younger sister Kelly an and a younger brother Patrick.
She told that she is part of an Irish ancestry, her Irish ancestors arrived US during the Great Famine.
Her first husband name is Michael Greenburg, a television film producer. She met him on the set of The Vegas Strip War (1984) and married in the same year. The couples separated after three years of marriage. Their divorced was finalized in 1990.
She dated comedian Garry Shandling and appeared on his show ‘The Larry Sanders Show’. Both were remained close friends until comedian Shandling death in 2006.
She also met William J. MacDonald on the set of film Silver (1993), which he co-produced. MacDonald left his wife for Sharon. Both were in a relationship. They also separated after one year (1994).
In 1994, she met Bob Wagner (a first assistant director) and both were in a relationship for four years.
After that she married to Phil Bronstein (Feb 14, 1998) her second husband ; executive editor of ‘The San Francisco Examiner’. Five years later, after marriage her husband filed a divorce. And divorced final in 2004.
After that, In November 2018, her current boyfriend and relationship with journalist Enzo Cursio.
She suffered many miscarriages due to an autoimmune disease. So that’s why she has no biological children. She adopted a baby son, Roan Joseph Bronstein (2000). Roan remain with Bronstein after divorced with her.
She also adopted her second son name, Laird Vonne (2005). She adopted third son name Quinn Kelly Stone (2006).
Firstly, she started her career as a model. In 1980s, she was moved to Europe, living for a year in Milan and then in Paris. She decided to quit modelling and start acting.
Her first movie was cast for a brief role in Allen’s ‘Stardust Memories’ (1980).
After that she work in many movies in 1980s like ‘Deadly Blessing’, ‘Les Uns et les Autres’, ‘Irrecocilable Differences’, ‘King Solomon’s Mines’, ‘Allan Quatermain and the Lost City of Gold’, ‘Above the Law’ and ‘War and Remembrance’. She also work in many television series like ‘Bay City Blues’, ‘Remington Steele’, ‘T.J. Hooker’, ‘Magnum’, ‘P.I.’.
In 1990s, she work in first movie ‘Total Recall’, that was the movie which boost her career. She works in many movies like ‘Diary of a Hitman’, ‘Year of the Gun’, ‘Where Sleeping Dogs Lie’, ‘Basic Instinct’, ‘Theodore Cleaver’, ‘Silver’, ‘Les choses da la vie’, ‘The Specialist’, ‘The Quick and the Dead’, ‘Casino’, ‘The Observer’, ‘Diabolique’, ‘Last Dance’, ‘Sphere’, ‘The Mighty’, ‘Gloria’ and ‘The Muse’.
In 2000, she work in first movie ‘If These Walls Could Talk 2’ for her role, she recognized by Women in Film. She works in many movies like ‘Beautiful Jo’, ‘The Practice’, ‘Cold Creek Manor’, ‘Broken Flowers’, ‘Basic Instinct 2’, ‘Alpha Dog’, ‘Bobby’, ‘When a Man Falls in the Forest’, ‘If I Had Known I Was a Genius’, ‘The Year of Getting to Know Us’, ‘Five Dollars a Day’ and ‘Streets of Blood’. She also appeared in Turkish TV series ‘Kurtlar Vadisi’.
In 2010, her first appearance in four episodes of ‘Law & Order: Special Victims Unit’. She works in many movies like ‘Border Run’, ‘Lovelace’, ‘A Golden Boy’, ‘Agent X’, ‘Life on the Line’, ‘Running Wild’, ‘The Disaster Artist’ and ‘The Room’.
In January 2019, it was announced that she was in the upcoming Netflix drama series ‘Ratched’. It premiered on Sep 18, 2020.
After that she is in the movie ‘Beauty’ (2021), ‘What About Love’ (2022) and ‘The Tale of the Allergist’s Wife’.
In her career till 2022, she is worked in 145 movies along with TV series, Amazon Series.
She nominated in 36 nominations and won the 24 Awards in her whole life. She is also nominated for 1 Oscar Award.
- She won the MTV Movie Award (1992) for Best Female Performance.
- She won the Stinker Award (1993,1994) for Worst Actress.
- She won the Yoga Award (1994) for Worst Foreign Actress.
- She won the Walk of Fame (1995) for Star on the Walk of Fame.
- She won the Crystal Award (1995).
- She won the Razzie Award (1995) for Worst Actress and Worst Screen Couple.
- She won the Primetime Emmy Award (1997) for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series.
- She won the Lucy Award (2000).
- She won the Stinker Award (2004) for Worst Supporting Actress.
- She won the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival (2005) for Special Prize for Outstanding Contribution to World Cinema.
- She won the Order of Arts and Letters, France (2005) for Officer of the Order of Arts and Letters.
- She won the Women Film Critics Circle Award (2006) for her work with AMFAR.
- She won the Hollywood Film Award (2006) for Essemble of the Year.
- She won the Yoga Award (2007) for Worst Foreign Actress.
- She won the Razzie Award (2007) for Worst Actress.
- She won the Hamptons International Film Festival (2009) for Outstanding Achievement in Acting.
- She won the AARP Movies for Grownups Award (2012) for Career Achievement Award.
- She won the Marrakech International Film Festival (2013) for Career Tribute.
- She won the Israel Film Festival (2016) for Career Achievement Award.
- She won the Satellite Award (2019) for Best Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series.
She owns four beautiful luxury cars. First one name is Bentley Continental. Second one name is Porsche Cayenne. Third one name is Audi A8. And last one is Mercedes-Benz S-Class.
Sharon and her three sons resides in West Hollywood, California. In a home once owned by the actor Montgomery Clift.
She has an estimated net worth of $70 Million US Dollars (As in 2021).
Sharon Stone Social Handles
She was in controversy over her comments on the red carpet with Hong Kong’s Cable Entertainment New during the 2008 Cannes Film Festival on May 25, 2008 about the 2008 Sichuan earthquake. She said that “I’m not happy about the way the Chinese treating the Tibetans because I don’t think anyone should be unkind to anyone else. And so I have been very concerned about how to think and what to do about that because I don’t like that. And then this earthquake and all this stuff happened, and then I thought, is that Karma? When you’re not nice that the bad things happen to you?”
After that one of China’s biggest cinema chains reacted to her comment and declared to not show her films in its theaters. The founder of the UME Cineplex chain and the chairman of the Federation of Hong Kong Filmmakers, NG See-yuen, says her comment was inappropriate and the UME Cineplex chain not present her films.
Also her all advertisements were dropped in China and she was removed from the 2008 Shanghai International Film Festival and event organisers said to be banned permanently.
Amazing Facts About Sharon Stone
- She is chosen by Empire magazine as one of the “100 Sexiest Stars in Film History” on position 49 in (1995).
- She is also chosen by Playboy mazagine as one of the “100 Sexiest Stars of the Century” on position 24 in (1999).
- She is entered in Pennsylvania’s Edinboro University at age 15.
- She is ranked on number 77 in Empire UK magazine as “The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time” list.
- She owns her own production company in Chaos.
- In her teenage she worked part-time as a McDonald’s countergirl.
- She is one of People magazine (1992) as “50 Most Beautiful People” and “25 Most Intriguing People”.
- She received a humanitarian award from the Human Rights Campaign; a well funded organization. For her role in If These Walls Could Talk 2 (2000).
- When she was a child, she said that she would become the next Marilyn Monroe.
- She is a close friend of Jeanne Moreau who presented a 1998 American Academy of Motion Pictures life tribute to her.
- She passionately kissed fan Joni Rimm for charity after he paid $50000 for the pleasure.
- She made a teenage star’s dreams come true by giving her $75000 for tution fees.
- She is a big supporter of the AIDS research organisation AMFAR.
- Her first famous “leg crossing” scene in Basic Instinct (1992) was voted as “Sexiest Leg Moment on Screen” in a poll.
- She was entered the Miss Pennsylvania Pageant at age 17.
- She is appeared as spokesmodel contestant on the pilot for the series Star Search and won the competition.
- She won the Miss Crowford County for her beauty and was also queen of her high school spring festival.
- On January 28, 2005, the World Economic Forum, Davos, Switzerland; she is present in debate on “funding the war on poverty”, she pledged $10000 and asked people to follow her. Within five minutes they raised nearly $100000. She wanted to raise at least $1 Million. This money of raising fund directly go to Global Fund to Fight Aida of TB and Malaria.
- She was awared a honorary Doctorate in Philosophy in public service by the school in 2007.
- She is the member of the Jury at Cannes Festival in 2002.
- She received the Harvard Foundation Humanitarian Award at the Memorial Church because of dedicated fund-raiser and advocate for AIDS research for 10 years.
- She also owns a ranch in New Zealand.
- She is chosen by Australia men magazine Zoo weekly as one of the “Top 50 Hottest Babes Ever.
- She is influenced by The Dalai Lama, and after that she converted to Buddhism.
- She lost the custody of her son, Roan Joseph Bronstein.
- She is ranked on number 11 in Men’s Health 100 Hottest Women of All Time.
- She suffers from asthama and diabetes diseases.
- She is also allergic to caffeine.
- She suffered cerebral hemorrhage.
- Her biography released in (1997), “The Sharon Stone Story” by Mike Munn.
- She was guest of honor at the Pilosio Building Peace Award in Milan because she pledged to build 28 schools in Africa.
- She suffered a few misscarriages before adoption her first son Roan.
- She dated Dwight Yoakam in early 1990s and famously quoted saying, “Kissing Dwight is like eating a dirt sandwich”.
- She was hospitalized on Sep 29, 2001 for a subarachnoid hemorrhage.
- She was roomates with Angela Robinson Witherspoon when they were models.
- Her manager for 30 years was Chuck Binder.
- Her current boyfriend name is journalist “Enzo Cursio”.
- She met Muhammad Ali when she was 17 and won the Miss Pennsylvania Pageant.
In 2019, she stated that she was blocked from the dating app Bumble.
FAQs on Sharon Stone
How much is actress Sharon Stone worth?
According to sources, she has an estimated net worth of $70 Million US Dollars (As in 2021).
What is Sharon Stones IQ?
Sharon Stone has a smart brave reported IQ of 154 and this is the opportunity for her to entered in Edinboro University at the age of 15.
Where does Sharon Stone live now?
Sharon Stone currently lived now in West Hollywood, California, US along with her three sons.
Who is Sharon Stone’s husband?
She has married to two husbands. First one name is Michael Greenburg married in 1984 and divorced in 1987. After that she married to Phil Bronstein in 1998 and divorced in 2004.
How much did Sharon Stone get paid for Basic Instinct?
Sharon Stone received $500000 US Dollars for acting in Basic Instinct Movie as per film’s production budget .