Samantha Akkineni is an Indian actress. Who has established a career in the Telugu and Tamil film industries. She is winning several awards including four Filmfare Awards.
She worked part-time as modelling during college time. And after that she soon received offers for film roles. And she made her first acting debut in Gautham Menon’s telugu romance film, Ye Maaya Chesave in 2010.
Samantha Akkineni was born on 28 April, 1987 (age 34 years; as in 2021) in Pallavaram in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. She is the youngest child of the family. She was very fluent in Tamil language.
Samantha Akkineni known by Yasodha, Yasho, Sam as her nicknames. Her zodiac sign is Taurus.
She did her schooling from Holy Angels Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School. After that she completed a degree in commerce at Stella Maris College, Chennai. At the end of her undergraduation she became involved in modelling. She was first spotted by filmmaker Ravi Varman at Naidu Hall.
- Height : 5′ 5″ inch
- Weight : 53 kg
- Body Figure : 34-26-34
- Eye Colour : Hazel Brown
- Hair Colour : Black
Family & Caste
Samantha Akkineni belongs to a Tamilian family. Her religion belongs to Christianity.
Parents & Siblings
Her father, belongs to a telugu family named Joseph Prabhu. Her mother, belongs to a Malayali family named Ninette from Alappuzha, Kerala. Her two elder brothers Jonathan and David.
Relationships & Husband
Samantha Akkineni has a boyfriend named Siddharth (2013-2015). After the break up with Siddharth.
Later, she was dated actor Naga Chaitanya. And after years, the pair were engaged in a ceremony in Hyderabad during January 2017. And she got married in Goa with actor Naga Chaitanya.
As per traditional Hindu customer on 6 October, 2017. And after then by Christian customs on 7 October, 2017.
Samantha Akkineni started her professional film career with Gautham Menon’s Telugu film, Ye Maaya Chesave in 2010. This film also released in Tamil as Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa in 2010. She revealed that Menon played a crucial par in moulding her as an actress.
She is the best heroine after her first debut in Telugu cinema. After her success samantha signed big projects for movies and music videos. Samantha act in this video Semmozhiyaana Tamizh Mozhiyaam.
Samantha worked in romantic drama film Baana Kaathadi in 2010. She also portrayed a student of the National Institute of Fashion Technology, her first role in Tamil cinema. Some of her popular films include “Revathi”, “Brindaavanam”, “Dookudu” with Mahesh Babu.
She roles in big budget films like “Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu”, “Eega”, “Jabardasth”, “Atarintiki Daredi”, “Son of Satyamurthy”. She is commercially successful for these hit films “Banglore Naatkal”, “Theri”, “Brahmotsavam”, “Mehnati”, “Neethaane En Ponvasantham”.
After all these Samantha Akkineni made her television debut in 2020. She host an episode in Telugu language reality series Big Boss 4. Later, in the same year she hosted a talk show Sam Jam that streamed on Aha.
Also she worked in the second season of Hindi web-series, “The Family Man” played role of Raji.
- She was nominated in many films and won many awards for his work.
- She won her first South Filmfare award for South Movie Ye maaya Chesave in 2011. “Best Female Debut for the film.
- Also, received many South Filmfare awards for Best Actress in the movies “Eega”, “Neethaane En Ponvasantham”, “A Aa”.
- She is also awarded by Vijay award in 2013 for Best actress in “Neethaane En Ponvasantham”.
- Also getting Nandi Award for special jury award in movie “Ye Maaya Chesave”. And “Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu” for best actress.
- She also won Ananda Vikatan Award for best actress in “Neethaane En Ponvasantham”.
- Also awarded by CineMaa Awards for “Ye Maaya Chesave”, “Eega”, and “Manam”.
- Also won TSR-TV9 film award in 2014 for best actress in “Atarintiki Daredi”.
- She won the International Indian Film Academy Awards for best actress in 2015.
- She is awarded by Santosham Film Awards in 2013 and 2017 for Best actress in “Eega” and “A Aa”.
- She also received South Indian International Movie Awards for Best Actress. In the movies “Attarintiki Daredi”, “Manam”, “S/O Satyamurthy” and “Rangasthalam”.
- She won the Zee Cine Awards Tamil for Super Deluxe in 2019.
- She also won the Critics’ Choice Film award for Best Actress in “Oh! Baby”.
- She received Special Award for best actor in a leading role – female in 2020.
- She also won New York Cinematography award for best supporting actress in “Mahanati” movie.
She also owns a Range Rover, Jaguar XF, Audi Q7, Porsche Cayman GTS and Mercedes Benz G63 AMG.
At present, along with their pet dog Hash, Samantha Akkineni and Naga Chaitanya live in a posh penthouse situated at the Jayabheri Orange County in Hyderabad.
- Favourite Food: Sushi, Sweet pongal, Dairy Milk Chocolate, Paalakova
- Favourite Actors: Dhanush, Suriya, Rajnikanth
- Favourite Acress: Audrey Hepburn
- Favourite Directors: Mani Ratnam, Woody Allen
- Favourite TV Show: America: The West Wing
- Favourite Book: The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
- Favourite Destination: London
Samantha Akkineni net worth is estimated to be Rs. 84 Crore. And his husband Naga Chaitanya net worth is reported to be around Rs. 38 Crore. Samantha and his husband combined net worth is estimated to be Rs. 122 Crore($16 Million approx).
Samantha Akkineni Social Handles
Facebook Page: samantharuthofficial
In September 2013, Samantha created a stir by posting a controlversial tweet on her social tweeter account. The tweet was with respect to the first poster of Mahesh Babu’s film, Nenokkadine. It read, “Saw a poster of a yet to be released Telugu film.Not only is it deeply regressive, but it’s point is actually that it is deeply regressive.” The tweet did not go well with the fans of Mahesh Babu and they started criticizing and disrespecting her.
In support of Samantha actor Siddharth and directors Sekhar Kammula and Nandini Reddy also abused by the mahesh babu fans, by calling them haters and terrorists. The fans were unhappy to such an extent. The hashtag #GetLostSamanthaAndSiddharth received 11,000+ tweets in just five hours.
Amazing Facts About Samantha Akkineni
- Her hobbies include reading, listening to music, shopping and gymming.
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- She is also smoke.
- Samantha is of mixed origin because her mother is from Kerala and father Joseph is from Andhra Pradesh.
- She is also a bright student and top the class all the time.
- Her family is not financially well, so she decided to do modelling to generate the pocket money.
- In the year 2012, due to an immune system disorder, she had to take a 2 month break from movies. The use of antibiotics well helped to improve her condition. She lost big film offers during this.
- In 2012, she underwent a nose job surgery, to enhance her looks.
- She was diagnosed with diabeted in 2012.
- She is also a philanthropist and the founder of the charitable trust Pratyusha Support. This trust provides the medical support for women and children from the financially weaker sections.
- In 2017, she was appointed as the ambassador for Telangana Handlooms by the government of Telangana. And currently works to promote handloom textiles in Telangana.