Nazanin Boniadi is a famous Iranian-British actress and Activist. She went to university in the United States, where she landed her first major acting role as Leyla Mir in the medical drama General Hospital in 2007-2009, and so on in movies in which she worked and become famous. Check all the details below about Nazanin Boniadi Wiki, Age, Height, Husband, Partner, Parents, Ethnicity, Net Worth, Biography & More.
Nazanin Boniadi Wiki/Biography
Nazanin Boniadi was born on 22nd May 1980 (Age: 42 years; as of 2022) in Tehran, Iran. Her nationality is Iranian-British and her Ethnicity is White.
Her Zodiac sign is Gemini and she follows Christianity (religion). Her profession is a famous Iranian-British Actress and Activist.
Nazanin Boniadi Educational Qualification
Nazanin Boniadi completed her schooling at Independent School in Hampstead. Then, she attended the University of California, Irvine (UCI) and earned a bachelor’s degree, with honors, in biological sciences. And then, she studied a contemporary drama short course at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London. And she enters her acting career and worked in so many movies and television shows.
Nazanin Boniadi Physical Stats
- Height: 5′ 4″ inches
- Weight: 52 kg
- Body Measurements: 32-26-34
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Hair Color: Black
Nazanin Boniadi Family & Parents
Nazanin Boniadi was born into a middle-class family to Iranian Parents. She doesn’t disclose any information related to her Parents, siblings, and Family. Her family always supports her in her all decisions and in her acting career. She is a loving daughter of her parents.
Nazanin Boniadi Partner & Husband
Nazanin Boniadi’s dating status is single and her marital status is unmarried (no husband). She doesn’t disclose any information related to her boyfriend’s name or about her love life.
But according to the sources, we know that her ex-partner’s name is Tom Cruise. But they parted ways and lived happily.
Nazanin Boniadi Career & Profession
Nazanin Boniadi changed her career path from science and started pursuing acting in 2006. Her first major acting role was as Leyla Mir on the daytime drama General Hospital and its SOAPnet spin-off series General Hospital: Night Shift, making her the first contract actor to play a Middle Eastern character in American daytime television history. Boniadi is also the first actress born in Iran to ever be on contract on an American soap opera.
She was nominated for an NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actress in a Daytime Drama Series in 2008 for her role in General Hospital. She played Nora, a love interest for Neil Patrick Harris’s character Barney Stinson, on the sixth season of the hit CBS show How I Met Your Mother. She reprised this role during the show’s seventh and ninth seasons. She joined the cast of Homeland season 3 as CIA analyst Fara Sherazi in May 2013.
She was promoted to a series regular for the show’s fourth season, for which she shared a Screen Actors Guild Award nomination for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series in 2015. Boniadi also appeared in an eight-episode arc on season 3 of Scandal as antagonist Adnan Salif. She portrayed Esther, the title character’s wife, in the 2016 remake of Ben-Hur.
She starred with Dev Patel and Armie Hammer in the 2018 feature film Hotel Mumbai, a dramatization of the 2008 Mumbai attacks. For her role as British-Iranian heiress Zahra Kashani, Boniadi received a nomination for Best Actress in a Leading Role at the Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts (AACTA) Awards in 2019.
In early 2020, it was revealed that Boniadi had been cast in an undisclosed role in The Lord Of The Rings: The Rings of Power on Amazon Prime. In February 2022, it was announced she would be playing the character of Bronwyn, described as a single mother and healer.
Nazanin Boniadi Filmography
- In 2006, She filmed in Kal; Yesterday & Tomorrow.
- In 2007, She filmed in Gameface.
- In 2008, She filmed Charlie Wilson’s War and Iron Man.
- In 2009, She filmed in Diplomacy.
- In 2010, She filmed The Next Three Days.
- In 2012, She filmed Shirin in Love.
- In 2015, She filmed in Desert Dancer.
- In 2016, She filmed in Ben-Hur and Passengers.
- In 2018, She filmed in Hotel Mumbai.
- In 2019, She filmed in Bombshell.
Nazanin Boniadi Television
- In 2007, She worked in The Game, and General Hospital: Night Shift.
- From 2007-2009, She worked at General Hospital.
- In 2010, She worked in The Deep End, 24, Hawthrone.
- In 2011, She worked in Suits.
- From 2011-2014, She worked in How I Met Your Mother.
- In 2012, She worked in CSI, and Best Friends Forever.
- In 2013, She worked in Go On, and Grey’s Anatomy.
- From 2013-2014, She worked in Homeland.
- In 2014, She worked in Scandal.
- From 2017-2018, She worked in Counterpart.
- In 2022, She worked in The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power.
Nazanin Boniadi Net Worth
Nazanin Boniadi’s net worth is estimated at $2 million dollars. Her occupation is a famous Iranian-British Actress and Activist she worked in so many movies and in so many Television shows and earned money from them. Nazanin Boniadi’s annual salary is $500K-$1 Million as of December 2022.
Nazanin Boniadi Social Handles
- Instagram: nazaninboniadi
- Twitter: nazaninboniadi
- Facebook: OfficialNazaninBoniadi
Nazanin Boniadi Amazing Facts
- Nazanin was a spokesperson for Amnesty International USA, with a focus on the unjust conviction and treatment of Iranian youth, women prisoners of conscience, from 2009 until 2015.
- She has her own official blog page on the AIUSA website and continues to partner with them.
- Nazanin Boniadi provided a voiceover to AIUSA’s “Power of Words” public service announcement with Morgan Freeman, which won a Webby Award.
- She initiated an Amnesty International petition for Iranian film directors Jafar Panahi and Mohammad Rasoulof, who had been convicted of “propaganda against the state”.
- She joined a delegation, led by Hollywood director Paul Haggis and AIUSA Executive Director Larry Cox, to deliver the petition to the Iran Mission to the United Nations in New York.
- Boniadi received the 2011 Social Cinema Award at the Ischia Global Film & Music Festival for her human rights work with Amnesty International.
- Nazanin Boniadi worked with Roxana Saberi to launch an Amnesty International petition and campaign to free wrongfully imprisoned filmmaker Behrouz Ghobadi, brother of acclaimed filmmaker Bahman Ghobadi, in Iran.
- On 22 January 2013, Amnesty International announced that Behrouz Ghobadi had been released on bail from prison in Iran.
- She was a keynote speaker at Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson’s 13th annual “A World of Women for World Peace” conference in Dallas, Texas in May 2013.
- Boniadi was selected as a term member by the think tank Council on Foreign Relations.
- She met with Vice President Karmala Harris, following the protests in Iran in September 2022.
- Nazanin was volunteering for the Office of Special Affairs in Los Angeles when she was told by Church official Greg Wilhere that she had been selected for a special project.
- She had to sign a confidentiality agreement, stating she could not abandon this special project without the Church’s approval.
- In a later interview with the Los Angeles Times, Boniadi described her role in Counterpart as cathartic and therapeutic, saying “sometimes there are personal traumas that you don’t ever talk about publicly but you pour it into your work”.
- Boniadi’s testimony describes how the Church’s Office of Special Affairs selected her to be Cruise’s girlfriend.
- She was punished for this according to Church policies: she “had to dig ditches at midnight and scrub floor tiles She was placed on a curfew and escorted everywhere she went”.
Read other Biographies Below: