Gautam Adani is a business tycoon of India and also an Indian billionaire industrialist and philanthropist. Gautam Adani is the chairman and founder of Adani Group (an Ahmedabad MNC) in India.
He is the fourth richest person in the world according to the Forbes list of 22 July 2022. And also, the first richest person in India and Asia continent. Check all the details below about Gautam Adani Wiki, Age, Wife, Children, Net Worth, House, Cars, Biography, Facts & More.
Gautam Adani was born on 24th June 1962 (Age: 60 years; As of 2022) in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. His full name is Gautam Shantilal Adani. Gautam’s nationality is Indian. Adani’s profession is industrialist and philanthropist.
His zodiac sign is Cancer. His hometown is Ahmedabad, India. He follows Jainism (religion). His sexual orientation is straight. His hobbies are reading books and aviation.
Gautam Adani did his schooling at Sheth Chimanlal Nagindas Vidyalaya School in Ahmedabad.
After completing schooling, he joined Gujarat University for Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce but Gautam dropped out after the second year.
Adani was desirous of business but not joined his father’s textile business.
Height: 5′ 6″ inches
Weight: 85 kg
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Wife & Children
He was born into a middle-class Gujarati Jain Baniya Family. Gautam Adani’s father Shantilal Adani is a small textile businessman and his mother Shanti Adani is a housewife.
He has 7 siblings. His brother’s name is Vinod Adani.
Gautam Adani is married to Priti Adani (wife) and both are happily married couples. His wife is a Dental Surgeon and the Managing Trustee in the Adani Group of Companies.
They have two children, Karan Adani (CEO of Adani Ports & SEZ Limited & Director of Adani Aiport Holdings Ltd.)
and Jeet Adani (Vice President of Adani Group Finance).
His son Karan Adani married Paridhi Shroff (daughter of Cyril Shroff, Indian corporate lawyer).
His nephew Pranav Adani is the Indian businessman and director of Adani Enterprises.
Gautam Adani’s granddaughter’s name is Anuradha Karan Adani.
- In 1978, Gautam Adani started his career from moved to Mumbai to work as a diamond sorter for Mahendra Brothers. Later, after gaining some experience, established his own diamond brokerage business at Zaveri Bazaar in Mumbai.
- In 1981, Gautam’s elder brother Mahasukhbhai Adani bought a plastics unit in Ahmedabad and invited him to join and manage the operations. This plastics unit business turned out to be Adani’s gateway to global trading through polyvinyl chloride (PVC) imports.
- In 1985, Gautam started importing primary polymers for small-scale industries.
- In 1988, Gautam Adani established Adani Exports and now Adani Enterprises. And now, this company deal in agricultural and power commodities.
- In 1991, Gautam expand his business into the trading of metals, textiles, and agro products because his economic liberalization policies turned out to be favorable for his company.
- In 1995, Gautam Adani got the Gujarat Government contract of Mundra Port for managerial outsourcing. After this set up his first jetty.
- In 1996, Gautam Adani started the Adani Power company under the Adani Group.
- In 2006, Adani entered the power generation business globally.
- In 2009 – 2012, Gautam Adani acquired Abbot Point Port in Australia and Carmichael coal mine in Queensland.
- In 2020, Gautam Adani won the largest solar bid by the Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) worth US$ 6 Billion. And The Solar Power plant project was taken up by Adani Green company of Adani Group and established 2000MW of an additional solar cell.
- In September 2020, Gautam Adani acquired the largest stake (74%) in Mumbai International Airport (India’s second busiest airport after Delhi International).
- In February 2022, Gautam Adani is India’s and Asia’s richest person and surpassing Mukesh Ambani.
- In May 2022, Adani acquired Ambuja Cements and its subsidiary company ACC from Holcim Group of Companies for $10.5 Billion dollars for a special purpose entity.
Gautam Adani’s net worth is US$ 115.8 Billion dollar according to Forbes and Bloomberg Billionaires Index. He is the first richest person in India and Asia. Also, the fourth richest person in the World.
Adani enjoys a lavish lifestyle with his family but is kept private and not shown in front of the media. His Adani Group is constituted of 7 publicly listed entities with a huge market capitalization of $202.13 billion dollars (As on 26th July 2022).
House, Cars, and Jet Collection
Gautam Adani has many cars collection like BMW, Ferrari (most favorite), and Limousines.
Adani has many private jets.
- A 2009 Bombardier Challenger 605 with serial number 5787 and enlistment number VT-APL.
- A 2013 Embraer Legacy 650 with serial number 14501144 and enrollment number VT-APL.
- A 2007 Hawker 850XP with serial number 258835 and enrollment number VT-AGP.
Gautam Adani house is in Palatial Bungalow at Sarkhej-Gandhinagar Highway Plot No. 83, Sector 32, Gurgaon, India.
Favourite Food: Gujarati Cuisines like Khaman Dhokla
Favourite Car: Red Ferrari
Favourite Colour: Navy Blue
Favourite Politician: Narendra Modi
Amazing Facts of Gautam Adani
- When he was in his childhood, his parents migrated from the town of Tharad (northern part of Gujarat).
- Since his childhood, he was not interested in his academics and was well a university dropout.
- In 2020, Gautam contributed 10 Crore rupees to the PM Cares Fund, 5 Crore rupees to Gujarat CM Relief Fund, and 1 Crore rupees to Maharashtra CM Fund to fight with Coronavirus outbreak.
- He is the President of the Adani Foundation, which is founded in 1996. His foundation works in many states like Gujarat, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh, and Odisha.
- He shared a post on Twitter, that his group is supplying 1500 cylinders with medical oxygen to wherever oxygen needed in the
Kutch district of Gujarat, India.
- Adani’s wife Priti runs Adani Vidya Mandir School located in Ahmedabad, where only those students who got admission and whose parents have an annual income of less than Rs. 1 lakh.
- His Adani Group market capitalization is in excess of $202.13 billion (As of July 26, 2022) with businesses spanning Energy, Ports, & Logistics, Mining & Resources, Gas, Defence & Aerospace, and Airports.
- His Adani Group was ranked in “The Brand Trust Report 2015”, as India’s most trusted infrastructure brand.
- In a media interview, he stated his mantra of success,
In his entire life, he has focused on trying rather than focusing on the results.
- In 2014, his established Adani Foundation was awarded the 3rd Annual Greentech CSR Award.
- His company group vision is “Growth with Goodness”.
Read other Biographies Below: