Dana White is a famous American businessman who serves as president of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), a global mixed martial arts organization. Dana White is also popular for his controversies related to politics, sex-tape lawsuits, health issues, gambling, and altercation with his wife. He is among the American richest people and his net worth was estimated at $500 million dollars in August 2019. Check all the details below about Dana White’s Wiki, Age, Height, Weight, Wife, Kids, Family, Career, Net Worth, Biography & More.
Dana White Wiki/Biography
Dana White was born on 28th July 1969 (Age: 53 years; as of 2022) in Manchester, Connecticut, U.S. His full real name is Dana Frederick White Jr. and he is commonly known as Dana White. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is white. His zodiac sign is Leo and he follows the Catholic (religion). His profession is famous American Businessman.
Dana White Educational Qualification
Dana White completed his schooling at Bishop Gorman High School and he joined Hermon High School in 1987. After that, he started college twice, once at Quincy College and once at UMass Boston, but dropped out during his first semester each time.
Dana White Family & Parents
Dana White was born in a middle-class family to American Parents. His father’s name is Dana White Sr. and his mother’s name is June White she was a nurse. He has one sibling a sister named Kelly. His family always support him in his all decision and in his business.
Dana White’s Wife & Children
Dana White’s dating status is single and his marital status is married. Dana married Stella she is Dana’s long-time girlfriend and they got married in 1996. They both have two sons and one daughter. Their children’s names are Dana White III, Aidan White, and Savannah White. They both lived happily together and with their children and enjoy their life joyfully.
Dana White Career & Profession
He had started boxing at age 17 and befriended former Golden Gloves champion, Peter Welch. He decided he wanted to enter the fight business, and he started a boxing gym in Boston with Welch. He initially intended to become a professional boxer himself but was put off the idea after seeing a punch-drunk boxer and worrying that he would suffer the same neurodegeneration.
He then worked as a boxercise coach. He has stated he left Boston to return to Las Vegas after being threatened by mobster Whitey Bulger and his associate Kevin Weeks. “He basically said, ‘You owe us money’. It was like $2500, which was like $25000 to me back then, and said, ‘You owe us money’. It was actually a guy named Kevin Weeks, he’s Whitey’s, right-hand man.
I’m sure he’s very prominent in the movie, but yeah basically said I owed him some money, and I didn’t pay him. This went on for a while and one day I was at my place and I got a call and they said, ‘You owe us the money tomorrow by 1 o’clock’. He continued running boxercise gyms and also starts training jiu-jitsu under John Lewis, alongside Lorenzo Fertitta and his older brother Frank Fertitta III.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
While working as a manager for Ortiz and Liddell, Dana White met Bob Meyrowitz, the owner of Semaphore Entertainment Group, the parent company of the Ultimate Fighting Championship. When he learned that Meyrowitz was looking to sell the UFC, he contracted his childhood friend, Lorenzo Fertitta, to ask if he would be interested in acquiring the company. Lorenzo and his older brother Frank acquired the UFC for $2 million, which subsequently became a subsidiary of Zuffa.
Dana White was installed as the company’s president. He said that when he and the Fertittas acquired the UFC, all they received was the brand name “UFC” and an old octagon. Over time, with White as president, the UFC developed into a highly successful business, and its gross revenue was $600 million in 2015. Zuffa was sold to a consortium of investors led by WME-IMG for $4.025 billion. He owned 9% of the company at the time of the sale.
The UFC announced he would host Dana White’s Contender Series in May 2017. Available exclusively through UFC Fight Pass, the promotion’s digital streaming service, and licensed separately from the UFC brand, the show allows up-and-coming fighters the chance to showcase their talents in hopes that one day they may compete in the UFC. He signed a new, seven-year contract to remain president of the UFC, as the UFC signed a deal with ESPN on 18th March 2019.
Dana White entered the boxing scene by co-promoting Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Conor McGregor due to McGregor being contracted to the UFC. He said at Freddie Roach’s Wild Card West boxing club that he was “getting into boxing, 100 percent.”
He said in 2019 that he wanted to incorporate boxing into the company portfolio of the UFC. White has since backpedaled on these plans, stating in 2022 that boxing promotion is a “broken business that is an absolute nightmare to try to fix”.
Dana White Controversies
- He spoke at the 2016 Republican National Convention in Cleveland, Ohio, where he endorsed Republican nominee Donald Trump.
- He said that Trump helped the UFC at its beginnings, allowing the UFC to host its first event under Zuffa ownership at the Trump Taj Mahal when other venues refused to host the UFC.
- Dana White reiterated his support for Trump for the 2020 election and spoke at the podium at a Trump reelection rally in Colorado.
- Dana White donated $1 million to America First Action, a super political action committee that supported Trump’s re-election.
- He joined a group of industry leaders to help the United States rebuild its economy hit by the coronavirus pandemic.
- Dana White was accused in a sex-tape scandal when an exotic dancer allegedly taped a sexual encounter with him in Brazil around the year 2014 without his consent.
- The stripper’s live-in boyfriend then tried to extort money from White, which resulted in a criminal case against her boyfriend.
- On 3rd April 2020, in Nevada, a civil suit against White was filed, claiming he offered the boyfriend money to persuade him to plead guilty which White denied.
- Dana White paid $10000 to the striper to dance and have sex with him.
- White disclosed that he had been diagnosed with Meniere’s disease, a neurological disorder.
- He claims that the disease was brought on because of a large fight he was involved in during his youth.
- He is undergoing Orthokine treatment for Meniere’s disease, which he says has greatly reduced his symptoms.
- He stated he had undergone medical testing and was diagnosed with extremely high triglyceride levels and other irregularities.
- He said that since then he has adhered to a ketogenic diet, which he says has remedied his sleep apnea and alleviated his leg pain.
- Dana White is a recreational gambler.
- White stated in 2021 that the biggest sports bet he had placed was in 2007 when he wagered $1 million on Jermain Taylor to beat Kelly Pavlik.
- Dana White said about the experience, “I was in Cabo, relaxing and having fun. That ruined my fun. Ruined my whole trip.”
- Dana White and his wife Anna were filmed arguing and then getting into a physical altercation with each other, with Anna slapping Dana and Dana slapping her back during a 2023 New Year’s Eve party at a nightclub in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
Dana White Accomplisments
- Nevada Sportsman of the Year in 2009.
- Wrestling Observer Newsletter Awards
- The promoter of the Year in 2005–13, 2015–16.
World MMA Awards
- Leading Man of the Year in 2008–22.
- Armed Forces Foundation
- Patriot Award
Dana White’s Net Worth
Dana’s net worth is estimated at $500 million dollars. His profession is a famous American Businessman who worked in so many contracts and earned money from them. His annual salary is $20 million per annum. He lives joyfully with his family.
Dana White Social Handles
Dana White Amazing Facts
- In 2011, White’s mother, June, released the book Dana White, King of MMA, An Unauthorized Biography.
- His mother claimed in the book that, since his success with the UFC, he had “turned his back on his family and friends who were there for him when he needed help and support.”
- Dana White purchased around $60,000 worth of Katana swords, including one of Rick Harrison’s 17th-century Japanese Katana.
- He is a big fan of the New England Patriots, he admits in an interview with the BBC he had Patriots shirts in his closet as a kid, and Patriots star Tom Brady is his celebrity man crush.
- He is a fan of the Beastie Boys, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, and Rage Against the Machine.
- Dana White also has a hand-signed guitar by all three members of the Beastie Boys in his office, alongside a copy of the Beastie Boys Book on the desk.
Read other Biographies Below: