Dwyane Wade Wiki/BiographyDwyane Wade was born on 17th January 1982 (Age:40 years; As of 2022) in Chicago, Illinois, U.S. His full real name is Dwyane Tyrone Wade Jr.and his nickname is D-Wade and Flash. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is Black. His Zodiac sign is Capricorn and he follows the Christian (religion). His profession is a famous basketball Player in America.
Dwyane Wade Educational QualificationDwyane Wade completed schooling at Harold L. Richards High School in Oak Lawn. Dwyane Wade played basketball and football for his school team and he excelled as a wider receiver but success in basketball took longer. After schooling, he attended Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin for high studies and also to play under coach Tom Crean.
Dwyane Wade’s Physical Stats
- Height: 6′ 4″ inches
- Weight: 100 kg
- Hair Colour: Black
- Eye Colour: Black
Dwyane Wade’s Family & ParentsDwyane Wade was born into a middle-class family to American parents. His father’s name is Dwyane Wade Sr. and his mother’s name is JoLinda Dwyane. Dwyane Wade has five siblings. His sibling’s name is Trail Wade, Darnell McDaniel, Deanna Wade, Kodhumus McDaniel, and Demetris McDaniel. He is the second child of his parents.
Dwyane Wade’s Wife, Children & RelationshipsDwyane Wade’s marital status is married. Dwyane Wade was married to his college lover Siohvaughn Funches in 2002. They parted ways in 2007 and they divorced in 2010 after an acrimonious court battle. He was allowed sole custody of his two children. He also takes care of his nephew his son his sister Deanna. Then, in 2008, Dwyane Wade start dating actress Gabrielle Union and according to him, they also parted ways because of career demand in 2013. During that time, he and Aja Metoyer conceived a son. Dwyane Wade and Union became engaged in December 2013 and married on 30th August 2014 in Miami after that, he become the father of his fourth child on 7th November 2018 and he and his partner Union welcomed a baby girl who was born through Via Surrogate. His 12 years old child came out as a transgender girl and changed her name to Zaya in 2020. Dwyane Wade current wife is Gabrielle Union.
Dwyane Wade Career & ProfessionDwyane Wade spent 16 years career playing for the Miami Heat of the National Basketball Association and won three NBA championships he was a 13-time NBA All-Star an 8-time member of the All-NBA Team and a 3-time member of the All-Defensive Team. Dwyane is also Miami’s all-time leader in points and he assists them. Currently, he is the host of the American adaptation of The Cube. Instead of that, After a college basketball career with the team Marquette Golden Eagles, including supervising the team to the Final Four in 2003 he was selected fifth overall in the 2003 NBA selection by the Heat and in his third season, he supervise the Heat to their first NBA championship and he got to name the 2006 NBA Finals MVP. At the 2008 Summer Olympics, Dwyane Wade supervise the United States men’s basketball team commonly known as the “Redeem Team” and helped them to win the gold medal. Dwyane was selected as the NBA All-Star Game MVP in 2010. He helped guide Miami with LeBron James and Chris Bosh to four consecutive NBA Finals from 2011-2014 and won one-by-one Championships in 2012 and in 2013 after that Wade left Miami to play for the Chicago Bulls and the Cleveland Cavaliers. Before returning to Miami to finish his playing career and retire with the Heat in 2019. Dwyane Wade was considered one of the NBA’s most brilliant players of all time by getting named to the NBA 75th Anniversary Team.
Dwyane Wade ControversiesDwyane Wade tweeted on Twitter in support of Nick Cannon, who was fired from ViacomCBS after making racist remarks and influencing antisemitic conspiracy theories in 2020 July. He deleted his tweet and clarified that he had expressed his support of the content and brand he helped create and affirmed that he has “zero tolerance for any hate speech.
Dwyane Wade Awards & Achievements
- 3× NBA champion in 2006,2012,2013.
- NBA Finals MVP in 2006.
- 13× NBA All-Star in 2005-2016, 2019.
- NBA All-Star Game MVP in 2010.
- 2× All-NBA First Team in 2009,2010.
- 3× All-NBA Second Team in 2005, 2006, 2011.
- 3× All-NBA Third Team in 2007, 2012, 2013.
- 3× NBA All-Defensive Second Team in 2005, 2009, 2010.
- NBA scoring champion in 2009.
- NBA All-Rookie First Team in 2004.
- NBA 75th Anniversary Team.
- No. 3 retired by Miami Heat.
- Consensus first-team All-American in 2003.
- Third-team All-American – SN in 2002.
- Conference USA Player of the Year in 2003.
- 2× First-team All-Conference USA in 2002, 2003.
- No. 3 retired by Marquette Golden Eagles
- In 2008, he won a Gold medal in the Beijing Olympics.
- In 2004, he won a Bronze medal in the Athens Olympics.
- In 2006, he won a Bronze medal in Japan World Cup.
Dwyane Wade’s Net WorthDwyane Wade’s net worth is estimated at $170 million dollars. His annual salary is $2.394 million dollars. His last contract with Utah Jazz was for a $2,393,887 annual salary. He lives joyfully with his family, wife and children.
Dwyane Wade’s Social Handles
- Instagram: dwyanewade
- Twitter: DwyaneWade
- Facebook: dwyanewade
- TikTok: @dwyanewade
Dwyane Wade Amazing Facts
- Dwyane Wade currently playing for the team Utah Jazz.
- His position in his team is Co-owner.
- His full name is Dwyane Tyrone Wade Jr.
- Currently, he is the host of the American Adaption of The Cube.
- He donated money from his foundation to keep the Robbins, Illinois public library from having to shut down.
- He totes a 10% salary to a church in Chicago.
- He purchased a church building for his mother’s ministry in May 2008.
- Wade is known for visiting other sick children, usually in private to avoid the media spotlight.
- He is also known for his Philanthropic involvement.
- He founded The Wade’s World Foundation which gives support to Community based organizations for increasing education, health, and social skills for children in at-risk situations in 2003.
- He purchased a new home for a South Florida woman whose nephew accidentally burned down the family home.
- He donated clothing, gifts and so many things to needy families.
- His 12 years old child came out as a transgender girl and changed her name to Zaya.
- He has been featured in magazine articles and publications.
- In 2005, he was featured on People’s 50 most beautiful people.
- He also raises a nephew the son of his sister Deanna.