Christian Pulisic is a famous American football player who plays for the Premier League club Chelsea and the United States national team as a midfielder or winger. He is a brilliant player of America so his fans give him the nickname “Captain America”. He is also the winner of the CONCACAF Nations League 2021. Check all the details given below about Christian Pulisic Wiki, Age, Height, Girlfriend, Wife, Parents, Career, Salary, Net Worth, Biography & More.
Christian Pulisic Wiki/Biography
Christian Pulisic was born on 18th September 1998 (Age: 24 years; as of 2022) in Hershey, Pennsylvania, United States. His full real name is Christian Mate Pulisic and his nickname is “Captain America”.
His nationality is American-Croatian and his ethnicity is Croatian. His zodiac sign is Virgo and he follows Christianity (religion). His profession is a famous football player in America.
Christian Pulisic Educational Qualification
Christian Pulisic completed his schooling at Hershey High School. Also, when Pulisic lived in Michigan and played for Michigan Rush he attended Workman Elementary School.
Christian Pulisic Physical Stats
- Height: 5′ 10″ inches
- Weight: 63 kg
- Hair Colour: Black
- Eye Colour: Brown
Christian Pulisic Family & Parents
Christian Pulisic was born into a middle-class family to American parents. His father’s name is Mark Pulisic and his mother’s name is Kelley Pulisic.
Both of his parents played collegiate soccer at George Mason University and his father also played professional indoor soccer for the Harrisburg Heat in the 1990s and later became a coach at both youth and professional levels.
Christian Pulisic Girlfriend, Wife, & Relationships
Christian Pulisic’s dating status is single and his marital status is unmarried. So, he has no girlfriends and no wife.
Christian Pulisic Career & Profession
At the age of 7, Christian started playing for the youth team of Brackley Town. When his father was general manager of the indoor club Detroit Ignition in the mid-2000s, he lived in Michigan and played for Michigan Rush. While in Michigan he attended Workman Elementary school. After his family returned to the Hershey area, he grew up playing for the local U.S. Soccer Development Academy club PA classics and occasionally training with local professional club Harrisburg City Islanders, now known as Penn FC, during his teenage years.
He went on a five-day trial at Chelsea’s Cobham base in the summer of 2010. He played against Brazil at a U17 tournament in Florida on 13th December 2013. Pulisic scored a goal in a 4-1. He has stated that this day was a significant milestone for him and the date 13th December 2013 is now tattooed on his arm. Christian started his professional career at the German club Borussia Dortmund, where, after fast progression through the team’s youth academy, in which he featured in only 15 youth games, he was promoted to the senior team in 2016, at age 17.
Pulisic featured sparingly in his first season at the club, but his involvement increased dramatically in the following campaign, where he was a mainstay in the Dortmund team that won the 2016-17 DFB-Pokal. Christian finished second in the inaugural Kopa Trophy, given to the best player under age 21 in 2018. He moved to Chelsea in a transfer worth $73 million (£57.6 million), making him the most expensive North American player of all time, in 2019 January and start playing for the club in the 2019-2020 season.
At 21 years old he became the youngest Chelsea player to score a hat trick. He became the youngest Chelsea player and the first American to score in the semi-finals during the 2020-21 UEFA Champions League. Christian became the first American to play in a UEFA Champions League Final, winning the 2021 match. He played for the United States at U-15 and U-17 levels, before making his senior national team debut in 2016 March at age 17.
Christian is the youngest player ever to captain the United States national team in the modern era. He helped the U.S. to the final of the 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup and won the inaugural 2019-20 CONCACAF Nations League. Individually, Christian has won a U.S. Soccer Young Male Athlete of the Year award and three U.S. Soccer Male Athlete of the Year awards.
Christian Pulisic Awards & Achievements
- DFB-Pokal: 2016–17; runner-up in 2015–16.
- UEFA Champions League in 2020–21.
- UEFA Super Cup in 2021.
- FIFA Club World Cup in 2021.
- FA Cup runner-up in 2019–20, 2020–21, and 2021–22.
- EFL Cup runner-up in 2021–22.
United States U17
- CONCACAF Under-17 Championship third place in 2015.
- CONCACAF Nations League in 2019–20.
- CONCACAF Gold Cup runner-up in 2019.
- U.S. Soccer Young Male Athlete of the Year in 2016.
- UEFA Champions League Breakthrough XI in 2016.
- U.S. Soccer Male Athlete of the Year in 2017, 2019, 2021.
- CONCACAF Best XI in 2017.
- CONCACAF Gold Cup Best Young Player Award in 2019.
- CONCACAF Gold Cup Best XI in 2019.
- CONCACAF Nations League Finals Best XI in 2021.
Christian Pulisic Style of Play
Following his promotion, to the Dortmund first team, FourFourTwo writer Andy Mitten wrote that the Dortmund manager Thomas Tuchel “saw the potential – the speed, sharpness, strength, sublime fitness and mature decision-making that belied his age.” Tuchel called him “the kind of guy who’s very self-confident, shows his talent on the pitch, and doesn’t show any nerves under pressure – which is a wonderful combination.”
Christiano’s Dortmund teammate Nuri Sahin said, “He’s fearless […] He has so much speed, but what I like most is his first touch. When he gets the ball, his first touch opens up a huge space for him even if there’s no space.” Since the 2018-19 season, He was most often deployed on the wing for Dortmund, and this has continued at Chelsea. Because of his style of play, he is often subjected to fouls by opponents.
Chelsea manager Frank Lampard compared him positively to former Chelsea winger Eden Hazard, saying he ” has a more direct attacking instinct in July 2020. Christian has the talent to pass through defenders and run inside the box which is a great trait in the modern game.” Lampard added, “There’s still more development to come. Christian is taking responsibility to change games.”
Christian Pulisic Net Worth
Christian Pulisic’s net worth is estimated at $10 million dollars. His annual salary is $9.1 million from his base club contract along so his five-year deal with the Blurs is worth $49 million in total. Christian Pulisic’s last contract with Chelsea F.C. was for 6 years for a fee of £42,900,000 and his base salary is £7,800,000.
Christian Pulisic Social Handles
- Instagram: cmpulisic
- Twitter: cpulisic_10
- TikTok: @christianmpulisic
- Facebook: cmpulisic
Christian Pulisic Amazing Facts
- Christian Pulisic currently, plays in a team Chelsea.
- His lucky number is 9.
- His position in his team is Attacking midfielder and winger.
- His lucky stone is Sapphire.
- His paternal grandfather, Mate Pulisic, was born in Croatia on the island of Olib.
- His lucky color is Green.
- His jersey number is 10.
- He obtained Croatian citizenship after moving to Germany.
- Christian Pulisic has a cousin, Will Pulisic, who plays for USL League One club North Carolina FC on loan from Austin FC.
- Christian is a fan of the New York Jets, New York Rangers, and Philadelphia 76ers.
- He loved to play chess.
- Christian Pulisic’s nickname is ” The LeBron James of Soccer” due to a clip of Pawn Stars, which has become a meme.
- He released an autobiography titled Pulisic: My Journey So Far on 11th October 2022.
- Christian Pulisic suffered from depression while he was injured in 2020 and during times when he didn’t get much playtime.
- Both of my parents are soccer players at the University.
Read other Biographies Below: