Achinta Sheuli is an Indian professional weightlifter (doing weightlifting in the 73 kg category). Achinta Sheuli won the silver medal at the 2021 Junior World Weightlifting Championships and also he is a two-time gold medalist in Commonwealth Championships.
In 2022, Achinta won the gold medal at Commonwealth Games in Birmingham on Sunday 31st July. Check all the details below about Achinta Sheuli Wiki, Age, Height, Weight, Family, Records, Biography & More.
Achinta Sheuli was born on 24th November 2001 (Age: 20 years: As of 2021) in Deulpur village near Howrah, West Bengal, India.
Achinta Sheuli’s nationality is Indian and follows Hinduism (religion). Achinta Sheuli is a professional weightlifter.
Height (approx) : 5′ 8″ inches
Weight: 73 kg
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Achinta Sheuli was born in a middle-class family in Deulpur village near Howrah City, West Bengal. His father’s name is Jagat Sheuli (van driver by profession) died about 7 years ago and his mother’s name is Purnima Sheuli (works as a lace maker). Achinta’s elder brother’s name is Aloke Sheuli (a temporary employee of the fire department). Achinta Sheuli didn’t disclose his family occupation. But belongs to a middle-class family of Deulpur.
Achinta has no affair (girlfriend) with anyone and he is unmarried (single).
Career & Records
- Achinta Sheuli started his career in 2012 when Sheuli won the silver medal at the district-level competition and a year later, Achinta finished fourth in the sub-junior nationals in the 50 kg category and his first national-level competition.
- In 2015, he participated in the 2015 Commonwealth Youth Championships on 11th October 2015 in the 56 kg weightlifting category.
- In 2018, he participated in the 2018 Asian Junior Championships on 20th April 2018 in the 69 kg weightlifting category.
- Again, in 2018, he participate in the 2018 IWF Junior World Championships on 7th July 2018 in the 69 kg weightlifting category, and again on 1st November, he participated in 73 kg weightlifting category.
- In 2019, he participated in Asian Championships on 18th April 2019 in the 73 kg weightlifting category.
- In 2019, he participated in Commonwealth Junior Championships on 9th July 2019 in the 73 kg weightlifting category, and in Commonwealth Senior Championships, he won the first gold medal of his career at the 2019 Tashkent Commonwealth Weightlifting Championship.
- Again in 2019, he participated in IWF World Championships on 18th September 2019 in the 73 kg category and again in Asian Junior Championships on 19th October 2019.
- In 2020, he participated in Asian Championships on 17th April 2021 in the 73 kg category.
- In 2021, he represents India at the 2021 Tashkent Junior World Weightlifting Championships and won the silver medal in the 73 kg weightlifting category.
- In 2021, again he participated in IWF World Championships on 23rd May 2021 in the same category.
- After this, Achinta compete at the 2021 Tashkent Commonwealth Weightlifting Championship and won the gold medal on the 7th December 2021.
- Again in 2021, he participated in IWF World Championships on 7th December 2021 in the 73 kg category.
- Again, on 31st July 2022, Achinta won again gold medal in the 73 kg weightlifting category at the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham.
- Achinta Sheuli is a two-time Commonwealth Games Gold Medalist.
- Achinta Sheuli create a record of 313 kg at the 2022 Commonwealth Games and won the gold medal. Achint dedicated his gold medal to his elder brother.
- His mother did very hard work for family survival and her mother’s weekly earnings were only Rs. 500 and used to work as a lace maker.
- After winning gold in CWG 2022, the President of India congratulated him on twitter.
- Achinta Sheuli is very smart and attractive.
- Achinta Sheuli loves weightlifting since his a teenager.
Read other Biographies Below: